Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why would he pick marijuana over his wife??

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

I don't remember if I posted the first post about this in this group or not, so I'll run through it real quick again.

My friend left her hubby a couple of weeks ago because she had caught him for the 4th or 5th time smoking weed. She had made it very clear that she did not want anything like that to be a part of their married life together, and he "agreed" to it. He promised every time that he would change. Well this past time he promised her that he would stop forever and to please come home because he loved her, yadda yadda. So reluctantly, she did. She told him that they needed to do counseling...and the whole nine yards. And she reiterated that if she caught him again she would leave for good.

Well she called me today and she told me how good she thought he was doing, and she really hoped he would stick to his word this time. Then an hour later she called me back and told me she caught him again!!! 8 days. It had only been 8 days and he just HAD to smoke again. She left. For good.

I don't know what his problem is. I know he loves her, I have known them both since we were in junior high. I thought weed wasn't addictive?? Would he really rather smoke weed than be with his wife? I really don't get it... They have been together since they were 14...

by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theirmommy88
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:48 AM
That really sucks. But good for your friend for actually fallow through and leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theirmommy88
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:48 AM
I mean fallowing through and leaving.

Quoting theirmommy88:

That really sucks. But good for your friend for actually fallow through and leave.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.novoa09
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I don't know maybe he uses it as a stress reliever it's hard for me to say I'm not against the smoking of weed my Husband did quit smoking when I got pregnant with our son so I guess it was never a problem. But some guys uses it as a stress reliever & maybe he is just being rebellious hopefully he gets it together...GL to her

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Nobody but he can answer this. I don't understand people who'd rather lose everything for an addiction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:53 AM
I don't know from personal experience but I know a guy who honestly couldn't stay away from it. He finally did go to rehab and has been sober for awhile now. Its more addictive then people like to admit. I am not saying its ok though either. I would have left him too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mommy3
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM

It may not be addictive, but I do believe you can become addicted to the "high". I also believe that after doing it long enough...For SOME, it becomes not enough...They then move on to something stronger, which is extremely addictive.

Maybe, he is not actually choosing it over her...Maybe it has a hold that, on his own, he can't shake. He may need help and that's not going to happen until he is ready to see, and admit, it.

mommy_carrillo
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM
I went through the same thing with my DH. I don't know for sure if it is addicting but I know it was really hard for him to quit. I finally told him I am not going to risk losing my kids for anyone including him and him he didn't quit he would be gone for good. Love him or not my kids come before anyone including my DH. He did admit to doing it while he went hunting in November and I am still pissed but he passed a drug test so its kinda hard to be that upset. I am sorry for your friend. Hopefully he will change for her and their kids. Good luck to your friend and good for her for sticking to her word.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 1:02 AM

My sisters both have smoked for years I don't that much any more unless I am around them and then boom! I am high and giggly and at Mickey D's!

Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM

That being said did the man smoke before she married him? DH used to but I don't think he does any more

Rwive
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM

WEEEEDDD thumbs up for PAkalolo!! lol  OKai Im sorry I should behave, but I am on his side, except if did she meet him after he started smoking or he just recently started?? Because I totally understand that in America Marihuana is illegal, but is such a relieve, I dont smoke but I had drank te's before for pain, I wanted to go natural and it was the only thing that helped me eat and sleep. Maybe he has something else going on, or maybe he just like it, His job is stresfull? is he sick? any pain? Depression? If she met him when he already was using Weed as a relief, than Sorry but she knew what she was gettin into, now if he recently started, well people changes, and sometimes there is things that there is not agreement into, so I would say if he wants to smoke, he can do it on his own, without affecting his finances, job and obviously not at the house cause of the kids, and make sure he brushes his teeth before he comes around. Thats such a tought decision Weed or Wife? Im glad Im not a man..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)