Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So my little story

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM
  • 7 Replies
My DH and I have been married for 7 months as of Christmas Day. Been together 3 years 4 months as of Christmas day also. Anyways we have a 23 month old and a 2 month old so of course we have the stress of the kids. I had my 2 month old on Halloween day at 11:55pm we thought it was going to be the perfect birth. I wanted a VBAC and my doctor wasn't to sure about it but he decided to allow me to have my wishes. I went in after trick or treating because I knew I was in labor. Austin (my 2 month old) heart rate was in the 180's! They told me I wasn't progressing so it was another c section. I was upset about it this is our first stress.

So I was so upset I was having another c section and worried about Austin they had to give me a relaxing medicine so I wouldn't freak out any more. So after so long I wasn't able to see him and don't remember them showing him to me. I was just so medicated. My perfect birth went out the door. But that's alright he was healthy/happy and that's what mattered to me. He went to NICU (Stress number since I swore my second child wouldn't go too). I relaxed the whole day and got some good service. November 1st I had a ton of people visiting and finally was able to walk without assistance! They told me I was pushing myself to much but that's alright I was able to do it. I go in and they tell me he had a seizure. What?! Babies don't have those.. They do their first EEG. Positive... God my world started to get worse. I was so upset I was blaming myself.. Why did I do this too? I was so angry at my self that I WAS angry at DH. It wasn't his fault I know but who else could I be angry at? November 2nd I was told that he was being transfered to childrens. I walked to my room no one was there crying my eyes out. My nurse, 2 other nurses and a few nurses assistants came in and let me cry with them. So wonderful to have that support. Called my DH who brought my DS1 to the hospital so my mom could take him and they both came up to meet up there.

We cried together and I knew it was going to be hard. Days later they did an MRI and found out he had severe/moderate brain damage because my placenta stopped working a week later. (my fault because I wanted a vbac!) I was so angry at myself some more so I blamed DH. Every bump I went through I got madder at myself and at DH. I feel so bad for him looking back it now. DH came home on December 17th. He has a g tube, was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Has no gag reflex most of the time sometimes we can do a little by bottle but nothing successful. On 3 medicines. I am living with my parents right now because I felt like I couldn't be around him because I was so angry.

GOOD NEWS: I am finally getting to the realization that none of it could of been told that we didn't know. I went to the doctors appointments like I should of. My baby is perfect. My husband is perfect. My toddler is perfect. I am so glad I am finally realizing these things because I hurt my husband so much by hurting myself thinking it was my fault. We are still living apart but we are getting a house in a few months we hope! (Renting a house or an apartment just trying to find the perfect place for our family!) Medicaid helped pay the 100's of thousands of medicial bills. He is considered disabled so we get help from the state with foodstamps, money and medical for him. We have hand braces because his hands are messed up:( But I love my husband HE is my best friend. I'm so glad we are together. Sorry had to share with you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VintageWife
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Thank you for sharing your story with us and for your honesty. I bet it feels sooo good to get that all out :)

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Yes it does! I just started to realize this last night when I was up trying to keep my LO awake for his night feeding. It felt so good and a whole new experience to realize what was truly wrong!

Quoting VintageWife:

Thank you for sharing your story with us and for your honesty. I bet it feels sooo good to get that all out :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Thank you for reading it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etexmom
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 11:20 PM

WOW!  What a story!  Bless you!  HUGS!

augest1
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Thank you for sharing. Wow. Thats alot. My third son was born with problems also. First of all, he is a beautiful active strong little 3 yr old boy. At the time I didnt know I was preggers. Think I was in denial. We were living out in the boonies at the time away from family n friends. I didnt go see a doctor until I was 5 months preggers. No prenatal care and with the pregnancy before, I had gestational diabeties. pregnancey was fine. baby born fine, no complications at the time. After he was born is when we discovered he had problems. He was born with 3 big holes along the center of the heart and his left leg shorter than the right. Turns out he has a birth defect called, campomalyic desplacia. it where his femur bones are at a pitch. they curve instead of being straight. he is not bow legged. In his case, he has a mild form of it, that there isnt much written about the mild cases. They also wanted to put a g tube in him. dh was persistant that if he didnt need it, ( turns out he didnt ) then he could stay in the hospital until he was ready to come home. long story short, heart problems taken care of. Knock on wood. He is monitored by a cardioligist every 6 months. He eats and drinks on his own. Now, we are looking into seeing if surgery is the best route to correct the difference in leg lenght.  Know that You did not do anything wrong, with regards to your son. My baby was in the hospital for the first 2 months of his life, at two different hospitals. God does not give, what he know we as MOMS cant handle. Good Luck to you all.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Thank you for sharing your story! It's great to know other mom's went through similar things as myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN