Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

ewwwww!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 6:54 AM
  • 19 Replies
The last few nights when DH comes home and pulls off his work boots I've been miserable. His feet freakin stink. And being pregnant I smell everything a million times stronger. He stinks up our little house. You may be laughin but I'm not. Does anyone know how to combat foot odor? Or make his boots not stink? He works in water transfer and his feet tend to get wet and combine that with foot sweat and odor and it's a knock you out smell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsTantaros
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 6:59 AM

My mom used to put dryer sheets in my dad's shoes :)

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM
I did this with my DH also!

Quoting MrsTantaros:

My mom used to put dryer sheets in my dad's shoes :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gmgej
by Michele on Jan. 7, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Put bags of charcoal in his boots when he takes them off, or leave the boots in the garage, outside in a tote, in the shed, and have him spray his feet with a foot spray, for fungus. I have a teen boy and a preteen boy and their feet reek!!!!!!!

mommiecassie
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Try dumping baking soda in his boots when he takes them off (or have him do it since they're his stinky boots).  It'll help absorb the smell.  Also, Dr. Scholls foot powder works well, but the baking soda is a lot cheaper!!

LovelyMother88
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:22 PM

LOL ew, I'm sure that smells TERRIBLE! I heard baking soda works pretty well. And you could probably leave some in there even while he is wearing them...

mommiecassie
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Quoting LovelyMother88:

LOL ew, I'm sure that smells TERRIBLE! I heard baking soda works pretty well. And you could probably leave some in there even while he is wearing them...

Yeah, definitely leave it in there!!  That's part of the odor absorption! 

Kathy-PSPR
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM

In the deodorant section of Walmart or in about any health food store they sell mineral salt crystal. When he gets out of the shower have him rub it on his feet, there wont be anymore stink on his feet.

ashwa
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM
The only way I can help you is to give your post a bump and tell you you're not alone. My hubby has the same problem. He works in the snow and actually gets some sort of fungal rash this time of year. Then when he scratches it, it smells way worse and makes my morning sickness come out stronger. Good luck.
baby
We love our Hazel LeAnn!

pregnancy due date
Jess21608
by Jess on Jan. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

My hubbies feet reek too!!!! dunno what helps really..he works outside all day in the rain at the airport!

lexismum03
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 12:21 AM
My dh is a sheriff deputy and works 12 hrs+ a day so his feet are terrible being in those boots. He has foot spray that he sprays on his feet and in his shoes as soon as he takes them off. He also takes them off in his office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)