Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
The last few nights when DH comes home and pulls off his work boots I've been miserable. His feet freakin stink. And being pregnant I smell everything a million times stronger. He stinks up our little house. You may be laughin but I'm not. Does anyone know how to combat foot odor? Or make his boots not stink? He works in water transfer and his feet tend to get wet and combine that with foot sweat and odor and it's a knock you out smell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-19):
sew4fun
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Pepermint or tea tree oil spray will help alot not only with the smell  but also if there is some kind of fungus. I also use a small amount of Gold Bond medicated powder (the blue bottle) in DH's work boots, he is a police officer works long days and gets into all kinds of messes that make him sweat and his feet smell less than pleasant. I have also sprayed a small amount of vinegar in his boots when they were real bad , but put the boots where they can air out and dry after doing this to make the vinegar smell go away ( it will take the foot funk with it LOL)

gurty
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 3:56 AM

put baking sods in his shoes, put each boot is a plastic bag en put it in the fridge over night. the baking soda absorbs the smell and the cold helps killing fugus. I've done it a 100 times with my guy. usually last for 2 days, but we come to a point to do it every night.

Vee1977
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Baby Powder!!! I put it in my husbands boots before and after work, then when he gets home I make him put baby powder on his feet...seems to work! Good luck!
Alustriel
by Member on Jan. 8, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Make him soak his feet in a combination of bleach and water .That will help  ALOT.  Been there done that.  Also if he wears black socks make him wear a pair of white socks under the black socks. Something about black socks that makes your feet just reek .....lol

As far as the smell already trapped in the shoes well you can powders, baking soda, charcoal, febreze  or spray them with a mixture of bleach and water or vinegar.  Or just buy some new shoes after all the other stuff is done.   lol

augest1
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM

BUMP!

ShannaBee
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Thanks for the tips girls. Can't wait to put them in use! Lol.

Damali0812
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Make him take off his shoes and socks outside and leave his boots out on the patio or backyard. Less stink in the house. My husband has the same issue. 

jeniprice
by Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Have him soak his feet in a mixture of vodka and water.... no more smelly feet!  For the boots, baking soda, baby powder, any of the things listed by the other posters. 

youngmama18
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Quoting mommiecassie:

Try dumping baking soda in his boots when he takes them off (or have him do it since they're his stinky boots).  It'll help absorb the smell.  Also, Dr. Scholls foot powder works well, but the baking soda is a lot cheaper!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)