Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having marital problems

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 9:51 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi:  My name is Ellen & I'm fairly new to the group.  My husband & I have been married for 13 years and we have an 8 YO son & a soon to be 5 YO daughter.  A major incident occurred recently that was my fault and the marriage is suffering.  There is very little communication - only when necessary it seems.  I have tried to apologize and it wasn't received very well.  Surprisingly to me, he cut out a columnist's newspaper article on marriage advice it basically it said there are elements of a marriage such as trust, communication, etc. etc. and when one or more of these is broken or when one of the partners is not working on these, the marriage suffers.  He knows he can go to my therapist for counseling with me but my therapist said I have to take care of myself first right now anyway and that I can't manage him................Thanks, Ellen

by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM
welcome to the group. It takes time to rebuild a marriage. It's a good sign if he is looking for advice. And you're getting help and maybe eventually he'll tag along. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)