Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to be pateint with my husband

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have been married for two years. Me and my husband meet over seas, while I was stationed in Iraq. We dated that whole year, and then got engaged before I came back home. things were great for us, I guess that's because there was nothing to really get in the way. he had told me about his sons and their mother's(situatuion). I felt for his sons, because I had delt with my mom having cancer when I was seventeen. Never in a million years did I think that I would have to deal with as much bs as I have had too. All the arguing, screaming, child suppot drama. I don't even know who to believe anymore. My husband has sworn up and down, that he is not behind. she says otherwise. I don't know what to do, we have a seven month old daughter. I am trying to look out for her best interest. his lies or her lies about the money is hurting my daugther. I supply all her needs outside of the house finaiclly, but I can make it living on my own. I love my husband, but I am tired of dealing with his past stuff, year in and year after. Three years is enough.

by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom_dl6
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

three years is not long if you love him work through it with him if not then go but just remember the vows you took that day and what if the shoe was on the other foot would you think three years was to much if he got out just cause he was tired of dealing,his past is part of him that he can't run from esp. if he has one or more children,remember you chose him that meant all of him the good bad and ugly but this is just my op. hope it all works out for you all.

Love2BaMom77
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

There is a way to find out.  If you are both still on active duty you can check his LES they will show his deductions if he's paying his child support like he's suppose to be and if his payments are current/up to date.  You could also speak to his command and find out as well.  Let them know you are getting two different stories and that the two of you have another child to consider and you want everything on the up and up.  Sucks to have to do things and circumvent him but if you feel you aren't getting answers its like going in to a store and asking to see the manager after having had issues with the sales associate.  You need resolution and peace of mind. 

carebearlady
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Does he pay child support through a service?  How does he keep up with how much has been paid?  I'd first find out if he is even behind.  If he is he needs to take care of his children, if he's not she needs to stop harrassing your family.  I completely understand your situation.  I dealt with an ex who was getting almost $2000 yes I said $2000 a month for 3 years for money my husband did not owe.  It was absolutely insane.  We had the black and white proof but had to spend even more money to get a lawyer and get it in court.  It's never a simple matter and you need to decide if you are going to hang in there or do not want to deal with it anymore.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM
There are ways to find out if he truly is in arrears. How does he pay CS?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kj26
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM

now, they take it directly out of his check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)