Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you forgave...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
To the ladies whose hubbies/SO cheated and you forgave and took them back, were you ever judged harshly by friends or family for your decision?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlexDakotasMom
by Member on Jan. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM
I'm sure I was by friends but not by family my parents are believers that people can change and you make mistakes you shouldn't hold it againist them....but what my so called friends thought didn't affect our relationship because they weren't part of it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM

No, because I don't air my dirtly laundry for others. I don't think that's really a helpful thing to do. 

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 7:20 PM
I haven't ever been through this but I agree that noone else would know about it. We keep our life pretty quiet for the most part.

Quoting EireLass:

No, because I don't air my dirtly laundry for others. I don't think that's really a helpful thing to do. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Only a very select few knew including my best friend and his best friend whom date. We really needed the support from our friends when we were going through this. Without them letting us vent and helping us through it I do not know how we would of done it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlexDakotasMom
by Member on Jan. 9, 2011 at 2:38 AM
See I had the problem that the girl ha a very loud mouth and opened it whenever possible hince why she is a homewrecker and she made it very known even when there was nothing there but friendship....the only person I told was my mil cuz he's her son and she won't hate him late ya know... I didn't tell my parents till about a yr ago and it happened 4 yrs ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mel822
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Some of my friends didn't understand.They thought it should've been cut and dry.He cheated so he should go.I tried to explain that sometimes things just aren't so black and white.My family actually stayed out of it,to my suprise!The only thing they said was they wanted what was best for me and the kids.

AlexDakotasMom
by Member on Jan. 9, 2011 at 3:06 AM
Exactly people who haven't been there don't know what they would really do cuz I was one who always said u cheat I'm gone but it really didn't go that way

Quoting mel822:

Some of my friends didn't understand.They thought it should've been cut and dry.He cheated so he should go.I tried to explain that sometimes things just aren't so black and white.My family actually stayed out of it,to my suprise!The only thing they said was they wanted what was best for me and the kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_carrillo
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Every day. My DH cheated twice once sex wise the other emotionally. My mom talks bad about NY DH ALL the damn time but yet my sister's BF who cheated on her for TWO YEARS AND WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT AND HE GOT ANOTHER GIRL OR TWO PREGNANT, is the BEST man alive! Sucks and i am starting to resent my mom and my sister, who also talks shit about my DH. They have made my marriage so hard i am afraid my DH will get fed up and leave me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_carrillo
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM
*my DH

Quoting mommy_carrillo:

Every day. My DH cheated twice once sex wise the other emotionally. My mom talks bad about NY DH ALL the damn time but yet my sister's BF who cheated on her for TWO YEARS AND WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT AND HE GOT ANOTHER GIRL OR TWO PREGNANT, is the BEST man alive! Sucks and i am starting to resent my mom and my sister, who also talks shit about my DH. They have made my marriage so hard i am afraid my DH will get fed up and leave me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife0909
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 3:26 AM
It was the opposite I cheated on my DH and he took me back and we have had 2 kids expecting number 3 and he adopted my oldest. I cheated more than once with a number of guys. We barley knew each other before we got married and had tons of problems that was 4 years ago. No one says anything about it. Past is the past and we over came it. I have not done it since and no matter how many problems we have now I will never do it again. I love my DH with all my heart. He is my life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)