Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

DH tricked me!---a little long

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM
  • 47 Replies

Last month I noticed my wedding ring was damaged. One of the prongs was broken around the diamond. I told dh. He said, "dont wear it" , "you might lose the diamond" so i took the ring off. then he asked me on dec 5th, what i wanted to do. I said, we should take my ring into Zales and get it fixed, since he bought the lifetime warranty on it. He says ok.

We get to Zales, and turns out the warranty is for the life of the diamond, not everything else. so the sales lady gives me the option of either paying for re-tipping, or purchasing a new warranty. I say "I dont know, ask him, since he is paying for it" and he then decided that I could have a new wedding set. So I chose this beautiful ring.... and the lady said that I could take it home, but dh would have to bring the down payment in by this month. I told him I didnt know how we'd come up with the money, because we make it pay check to pay check.  He said, dont worry i will find a way.

So I told him, the statement came, and that he would need the monthly payment and the down.

HE TOOK THE RING FROM ME!!! AND SAYS THAT HE IS SORRY, but couldnt find the money and would have to return it.crying

all day i get text messages from him, because he says he would run into town to return it when he took one of the work trucks for repair. then he texts me that he returned the ring, and his account was credited, and how he was embarrassed, and didnt want to talk about it.

so all day i gave myself this pep talk, how we dont need another bill, and we can just fix my old set for a few hundred bucks....

he gets home from work, and says, you are going to be mad but i left my lunch box on my desk all day under the heating vents = stinky tupperware!!!

so he said that he didnt eat all his lunch, and that i should empty it out , so I do, and all this time he is mentioning how horribly embarrassing it was to take the ring and blah blah...

i open the lunch box...take the tupperware out, dump out the food, and then have to do a double take...in the box, were the rings, and in the rings was the down payment all rolled up!!!

I cried like a baby!!! and he said "how could you doubt me? I always find a way to give you what you want!"

happy

by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susiemae
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM

How sweet!

lind.shep
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Aw that is wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM
So sweet!! Good job DH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Awwww! What a sweet man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM

aww I would be mad and happy all at the same time lol 

Nicky80
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

how sweet

mandyjh
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM
Very sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dixie_Rose_76
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM

awww thats awesome sweetie.

LCG83
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Awww that made me tear up a little!!!! What a good hubby!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJuju67
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM

AAAAWWWW!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)