Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My DH has a problem keeping his temper in check. He is not physically abusive but every 4-5 months he has a major fit and blows up.  I don't like it when he does this but I don't know what to do. Whenever my DH blows up at me he always blames it on me and something I said.  I think that this is a cop out and a way to justify his anger.  He knows that he has anger management issues and really tries his best to keep it in check. 

Is it okay for him to completely lose it once every few months?  Does anyone else have a hubby that has an explosive temper?  What should I do?

Married since July '07, SS7, no bio kids
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Replies (11-11):
tawana12
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Quoting Ohio.SAHMof2:

Is there away he can go get some help? Maybe get on some medicine? Has he ever hurt your child/ren?

He is open to getting some help but we live in a small town so Anger Management courses aren't offered anywhere near here.  He has never been violent towards me or his son.  I can tell that he hates being that way but it's almost as though he finds himself in a place that has no "exit".  I think that I also need to find a way to help him and not make matters worse when he gets that angry. 

Married since July '07, SS7, no bio kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN