Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Divorcees

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 4:05 AM
  • 3 Replies
Do you and your ex share friends and do you think it's difficult to maintain those friendships?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Rach7224
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 4:08 AM

yes some, very few, because they cant mind their own business and try to stir things. but there are a couple that are mature enough that it just isnt a topic. those are the general friends. not the ones that are still at a very personal level with, and stuff between my ex and myself is not an open topic. they respect that.

eeyoreplus4
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:44 AM

We share one very good friend & he stays very neutral :) However, my 2nd ex's father & I are still very close and maintain a very close & loving relationship. He walked me down the aisle when I got married to DH because he is a 2nd father to me & my daddy had just passed away 2 months before our wedding.

daydreaminmom
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Actually, my son's dad (ex husband) and I split to retain our friendship so all our mutual friends are still friends with both of us, lol. My ex and I nvr had any friends in common so no issue there. My SO didn't have any friends to speak of when we got together so he's now sharing my friends, lol, INCLUDING my ex hubs and ex roomies that still live with ex hubs! Odd yes, but it works for us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN