Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Question...

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

is it true sometimes that distance makes the heart grow fonder? Me and my dh are newlyweds still. we got married June 11, 2010 and he is deployed for 12 months.and will be gone for our weddinng anniversary.

by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Yes especially when your hubby is off fighting for our freedom! Hugs mama!

JaxsWife
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Thanks. He has only been gone a few days and I already realize why I fell in love with him and married on a "spur of the moment" deal

kathy067j
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Yes especially when your hubby is off fighting for our freedom! Hugs mama!

Jess0915
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:21 PM
It definitely worked for us. DH was deployed for 12 months, and I missed him like crazy the whole time. The trick though was when he got home, lol, he was different and it was very difficult for us to adjust. It took about a year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Damali0812
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Yes its true. My DH is military as well and is always gone for our anniversary. Its like the Army decided July was training month every year.

JaxsWife
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I just hope this 12 months goes by fast! I miss him so much. I got a call last night from him and only look forward to the next!

Cherita117
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM
It worked for us too! I know this sounds crazy but I'm "glad" we had the distance because we both realized what we had for each other again. At the time we were together for 9 years. But deployments are one of those things that will make or break a relationship. When he was gone I missed him like crazy, but right before he left he drove me crazy lol. I'm in a way thankful for it because I feel it strengthened our marriage. I don't mean for the "glad" and thankful to sound horrible since we are talking about deployment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxsWife
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Yeah. I told him a few days before he left I wish he would hurry and leave cause we started fighting. we did make up and now that he is gone i hope he comes home soon. hard to think my life w/out him for 12 months!

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:08 AM

I'm on our 3rd separation, 2nd deployment (the first was to Korea).

We keep up communication, and with that I think the deployments help our marriage rather than hurt it.  When he's home we appreciate it more.

JaxsWife
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I was hoping to hear some good things out of this. I know that some other around us since their dh/so left their relationship has went BAD. Like on wife left her husband and already has someone new. I told when before he left it scared me so bad to think about losing him and having him want me to leave or him leaving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)