Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

anniversary-help......

Posted by   + Show Post

feeling a little sad lately. a big anniversary for us is coming up in a few weeks.  we really can't afford to do/get what i had hopped. Life has changed so much since a few years ago.  we will be going out to dinner:) but I told my husband we shouldn't do gifts. i was gettingSO depressed about it though. he realized that and told me he already got me something and planned on giving me something anyway and that he doesn't need/want anything (he really means that by the way) i just don't know what to do. money has been SO tight worse than ever before, living pay check to pay check. our friends and family have no idea how difficult our situation is right now.  i'm in middle of knitting something but its taking forever.  maybe I can tell him i have something, but he will need to wait a bit longer bfor it??? what should I do? what should i get? with money we don't even have?  I think our whole financial situation has just got me down. i try so hard not to have any expectations anymore b/c i don't deal too well with disappointment.  sorry for rambling and thanks for giving me a place to vent.  any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Replies (41-45):
cheez1e
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Write him a letter, pour your heart out to him. Dh loves when I do things like that.

JaelynS
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

We live with my mother, and she uses her kitchen table for like cabinet storage, since we don't have many cabinets.. so A dinner for two didn't see to work well, cause we had no table.. but I made a table with our son's train table, then I covered it with a black table cloth, I knew he was going to wal-mart and getting me some $10 roses, so I had a vase prepared I cooked his favorite dinner, we turned the lights out, and the tv and computers off, and lit candles. we exchanged cards, it was really sweet.

I got the table cloth from walmart it was black/plastic $1.25, and two $1 jar candles from wal-mart. Then dinner was Shrimp and some noodles that he is obsessed with.  and then I made marbled brownie's for dessert. we spent the rest of the evening watching tv and just relaxing together.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Just remember money does not buy happiness sweetheart. I'm sure you can make a nice dinner or he can for each other do a candle light dinner after the kids go to bed and snuggle. Than having some amazing sex or something!!

lizziangel10502
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM

((((hugs))))

o2cre8
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 6:59 PM

thank you so much everyone for your amazing suggestions and nice replies.  it means so much to me!  we had a really nice and special anniversary.  My sister came to watch the kids and we went out for a nice dinner.  My husband even surprised me with a gift!  i made pretty flower and heart cookies on skewer stoicks and decorated them with icing and sugar.  i put them in a vase filled with hershey kisses.  i also told my husband that i will have something in about a month (the thing i am knitting).  just wanted to let you know all is well that ends well and it did!!  thank you so much for the wonderful ideas, it is so greatly appreciated and means so much.  You guys are awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)