Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plastic Surgery yay or nah....

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok I'm not sure what group to post this in but given the context I figured this one would be the best. I've been insecure about my breasts since the day I had them. Which is funny because I was never big chested until I was in my early 20's believe it or not. I loved them through my 20's well for the most part but as I gained weight they got bigger. I'm not over weight now but I have been and it's always been a struggle for me. Before I became pregnant I was between a D & DD. It doesn't seem all that big however I'm a small girl I'm only 5'2. I get teased by my family constantly, in a funny way but at the same time It's the topic of coversation whenever I put a bathing suit on or a low cut shirt, now they aren't exactly easy to hide ladies! Then I got pregnant and they got even bigger, to the point where it was hard for me to find a comfortable bra. We all knows what happens once we have children. I don't breast feed and I've been contemplating a breast reduction and lift for the past few years now. My dr. asked me if my back hurt, it really doesn't but it does hurt my shoulders alot and I have permenant strap marks, I have to wear the ugliest bras and I never get to wear the cute tank tops or bathing suits that alot of woman get to wear, picking out a dress for a wedding or a bathing suit for a trip is a project, I just hate it. My Dr. did tell me that she would make it "possible" to get it covered on our health insurance but my question is do I wait until we are done having children? We just had our first child 2.5 mths ago and we aren't sure if we are going to have anymore, I would like to think we'd both like another one in a few years but we aren't 100% positive, do I wait or just do it and finally make myself happy. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience or story to tell that may help me make my decision, I've been longing for this for years!! Thanks Ladies!

by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
youngmama18
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM

i have not had that experiance my self , but i would talk to my doctor about the effects it could have on you having children in the future but i personly think that you need to go head and have it done soon becuse it will cause major back problems in the long run .

Holly.
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:12 AM

You wanna give some of your boobies to me? ;) LOL.

Anyway, you don't have to wait until you're done having children. Many women can even breastfeed after getting a breast reduction - but that depends entirely on the method used to reduce the amount of boob, whether it affects the "pipes" leading from your milk ducts to your nipples, etc.

Medimom328
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM
My best friend had a breast reduction and got pregnant just a few months later. Luckily it didn't change anything. She still says it's the best thing she ever did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymama
by Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM
i dont know anything about plastic surgery or boobs b eing too big but my question would be of course how would it or could it affect breastfeeding later on and if u were to have another baby would they (fake boobs/ implants) keep their shape or would u have to redo it?? bc i know me personally after nursing 2 mine are small and kinda deflated lookin
shorty_girl330
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:12 PM
get many opinions

Quoting youngmama18:

i have not had that experiance my self , but i would talk to my doctor about the effects it could have on you having children in the future but i personly think that you need to go head and have it done soon becuse it will cause major back problems in the long run .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karischub
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM

I have a friend who had a reduction in college. She was petite like you (about 5' 1") and she had DD's. She had the reduction because of major back pain but when she got pregnant they went back to her original size. The surgery was not complicated but was a painful recovery and she'll now have to do it again. I'd talk to your husband and wait until you're sure you're done with having kids before you have it done.

Mommy102710
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I do wonder if it's different for everyone because I've heard some people say that they had children after the fact and their boobs didn't change and I have some that say they did that's why I wanted to ask around. The fact that one of you knew someone who had it done and got pregnant a few mths later and they didn't change is great, but others that have so I bet everyone is different. I haven't breastfed with my DD and probably won't if I have any more and my are already deflated too! LOL...they don't have the "pick me up" look they used to have :-( getting old sux huh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)