Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I am NOT you're mother!!! (Mild Language lol)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok.. Deep Breath... I LOVE my husband. I do. He's good to me and my girls and he works hard and blah blah blah, but I'm so mad at him this morning and need a little vent.

He's working nights now. Goes in 6pm-6am. He gets to sleep around 7am and wants to be awake by 1:30 to see the girls and I before work. This is an issue. He's terrible at waking up. When he works days it's no problem he sets his alarm says "Oh Shit I'm gonna be late" and boom he's up and getting ready. On nights he looks at the clock and figures eh.. I don't have to be in for another 5 hours, I've got time to sleep! When he finally gets up he's mad that he's slept so long and won't get anytime with the kids then he won't be able to sleep the next morning causing him to sleep later in the afternoon etc. So he says "wake me up at 1:30" ok. 1:30 rolls around and I get him up. He yawns stretches and says ok I'm up, and rolls over. 2.. Same thing.. 2:30.. 3... yesterday he slept in until 4:30!! I even let the girls jump on the bed and he didn't wake up, just kept getting increasingly angry we were dissrupting his sleep. He finally DOES get up and has the audacity to say "Why didn't you get me Up?! It's So late!" NO SHIT! I tried!! I'm not his mommy, I tried several times to get him awake but I'm not cooing a grown ass man until he wake up calm. Set you're friggin alarm! Yesterday after waking up at 4:30 in the afternoon he ends up passing out again before 11pm! (It was his day off) Wow! I can't sleep when he's not next to me. I've been getting to bed every night around 2, 2:30 in the morning, then getting up at 7 with the kids. Last night is the same story, except he wakes up at 4am and crawls into bed and his hugging all over me trying to get to sleep. This wakes me up, then since he slept all day he was restless and went back into the living room to watch tv. Gee.. Thanks for giving me a whole 2 hours of sleep just so you can decide you're not tired and leave the room again. As if the fact that I have to be his mommy alarm clock isn't bad enough..

This morning I get a fedex packaged slipped under the door. It's from the bank.. It says that our Bank is sick of not receiving whatever information they needed for our auto loan on the title, because of this they've raised the interest and monthly payment on the loan. Ladies I have gotten that notification in the mail swear to God at LEAST 8 times. Every time I tell him "You need to do this" My name isn't on that title, it's HIS personal bank account I can't do this one for him. I've left these papers sitting by his work stuff with notes saying "Hey fill me out and turn me in!!" It's been probably 3 months of me constantly reminding him to do this. He knows where the bills sit, he knows I've said it a million times and get this, he works in a building that *Gasp* HAS OUR BANK IN IT!! He would've just had to take it into work one day and walk down at lunch to sign some stuff.. Instead now we get to make a trip to the DMV for something and pay more to our bank. I'm not gonna lie.. I don't understand a damn thing the bank wanted us to do or I would've forged that shit and taken it in myself.. I shouldn't have to baby this man. He's a grown up. Being awake and signing papers shouldn't be a problem! I'm so angry with him right now. I'm sleep deprieved and grumpy and I know this post is long, but damnit I needed to get that out.  

by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ShannonRoe
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Tell him to grow the hell up. I have do this with dh. He procrasnates and drives me nuts. If start to yell then he takes care of it, but only if I yell. Omg he drives me nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bmmy
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Let it out Hunny I totally understand. My husband can be the same way and I used to be that way when i worked nights. I would say that I was going to get up at a certain time and spend time with my husband and instead slept all day long until I had to go to work. It didn't hit me in the head that i needed to change until I found a site that my hubby had set up an account on and had put that his wife (me) didn't care about him anymore. It really made me think and I changed everything and he deleted his profile on the account and things are better.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope that things change for you and your family.

LovelyMother88
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Oh gosh, the sleeping thing sounds like my Dh sometimes! He works really late at night, and then comes home and stays up even later playing on the computer. He will tell me to wake him up at 10am but he never really gets up until noon. It takes me 2 HOURS to wake him up. I told him last night that I was going to wake him up one time this morning and that was it. I wasn't going to spend all day trying to get him out of bed. So if he ignores me and over sleeps, then he will be late for work and maybe he will learn his lesson. :) I know, I'm mean. But he's a big boy.

youngmama18
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM

my dh is the same way about waking up . I finley broke that one becuse when he started in about me not waking him up when he wanted to be woke up i just ignored him like he was not even talking at first it just made him madder at me . but after he calmed down i explained to him that i have other things to do then sit there and fool with him trying to wake him up .

Winter1derland
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I feel awful even saying it b/c I swear he's such a good guy. A good dad and husband. 95% of the time our bills and everything is taken care of stat. It's the things that can't be done online that sits. I handle the mail, he won't even touch it. Never opens any of it. I just wish he had listened. I sounded like a broken record over those papers and can't believe we're stuck with a 12.5% interest rate now. So unnecessary. Not that we're ever late on it, but damn it's the fact of the matter. More money we don't have a month.

Nights is really hard to fix. I understand he's tired and if he wants to sleep all day, fine. But don't wake up mad that I didn't get you up.

Lanie_momofone
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Oh i would be frustrated as well!....especially about the bank situation.

I do have a suggestion about the 1:30 wake up....what about moving the alarm clock away from the bed...somewhere in the room, but he would have to get up out of bed to turn it off? Its either that or throw a bucket of water on him lol.

Winter1derland
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I think I'll have to use the bucket. He ignores the alarm. It just keeps beeping. It drives me insane long before it ever wakes him up. lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)