Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants me to.......

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so me and my SO have pretty much worked things out. We r doing good. He wants me to delete my Myspace which is where we meet and he wants me to delete my FB which is where I keep in touch with all my family and he wants me to change my cell #. I can understand the myspace cause it really is nothing but drama now. The cell # change I can understand cause I still have Xs from like 3years ago calling me and txting me. But my FB is how I keep in touch with family who don't live near. Its how I get pics of all the kids and things like that. Plus I love status shuffle! Lol. Do yal think he is wrong for wanting me to do this? He is willing to do the same things. Do yal understand y he wants it done, cause I don't no if I do. What do u ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommiecassie
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Why don't you create a joint FB account?  Then you can both add who you want to, and if there is anyone either one of you aren't comfortable with, just don't add them to your account.  My husband and I now have a joint FB account, and it's actually a lot easier!  We weren't having any problems or anything, we just decided since we were always checking each others accounts (and since most of our friends were mutual) it simplified things.  This is just an idea so you don't loose all contact with your family and friends.  And, since it's also his account he won't be questioning who you're friends with or whatever. 

MommyOK
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Quoting mommiecassie:

Why don't you create a joint FB account?  Then you can both add who you want to, and if there is anyone either one of you aren't comfortable with, just don't add them to your account.  My husband and I now have a joint FB account, and it's actually a lot easier!  We weren't having any problems or anything, we just decided since we were always checking each others accounts (and since most of our friends were mutual) it simplified things.  This is just an idea so you don't loose all contact with your family and friends.  And, since it's also his account he won't be questioning who you're friends with or whatever. 

that

CarrieZack
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM

That sounds like a great idea having a joint FB account. A great compromise. Then you can both keep tabs on one another.

HKing01
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:33 AM

In my relationship, if our trust was that bad with each other, I would end it.

jbjb1024
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I think a joint account is a great idea!! However if u don't understand why he is asking u to do this then why are u doing it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godblessedmex4
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM
This is such a great idea!

Quoting mommiecassie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caseykassidy
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I had to delete my FB to save my marriage. My DH did it voluntarily after I did. Honestly, I don't miss it that much, I miss talking to some of my friends and family but I can call them. I kind of feel better knowing that so many people don't have so much access to my life. Especially people I really didn't care for that much.

Mommy2BeAt15
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Its not that the trust is bad between us. We trust each other completely. It just I have a bad past with drugs that was before my son and old ppl I use to talk to have a bad habit of trying to track me down. He just wants us to be able to live our lives without all our exs and all our past constantly emailing us and txting us and butting in our life.

I really like the idea of a joint account I think I might just do that. Thank u ladies

Quoting HKing01:

In my relationship, if our trust was that bad with each other, I would end it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I can understand the myspace & changing the cell phone #.  But you can unfriend anyone you don't agree with on your friends list ... or the joint account sounds like a great idea.  My son & his wife have one of those; actually it's her account, but he has access to it and uses it also  - just signs his name when he post something. But, there does seem as if there are a bit of some trust issues that need to be worked on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)