Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I being selfish?? (vent!)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

Well, let me start off by saying, I absolutely love my husband.  He is a great man!  He just started his own business building websites for people.  So, he is working probably 50 hours or so each week trying to get this one site going.  I understand that it will be hard at the beginning of any business, that is not what I am upset about. 

Th reason I am upset is because he spends NO time with me and DD.  For instance, he had a meeting last night about a very small detail in the website.  The meeting was to start at 5, he didn't get home till 8, and I am being serious, they probably could have talked about the issue over the phone and it would have talked 15-20 minutes!  and to top it off, whenever he isn't working on the site he is checkiing his email or playing a game(on the computer) that he just uploaded.  All while I am trying to soothe a crying baby, clean up after dinner and do anything else that needs to be done around the house.

So I am being selfish? Do I have a reason to be upset or should I just let it go?  Thanks ladies...I really needed to vent!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sew4fun
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I am not sure I would use the word selfish. But he may have alot of stress trying to figure out the new business, I would not get upset of business related things after all it does effect the entire family. I think I would have a little problem with the games and such. I mean he can help you around the house and/or with the baby then go play a game later when things are settled and he has spent a little time with you and the baby.

MagadoodlesMom
by Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM

men in stress act differently then women... lol... obviously... I would try talking with him about your feelings and what he may be feeling... communication is very important... good luck!

1stbabyoct2010
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Thanks!  I will talk with him about it, I just didn't know if it was something worth talking about! Know what I mean?!

CafeMom Tickers
MommyHurt
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Do you work? Maybe he is feeling stressed with the new business and trying to do everything he can to make it successful for you and your little one?!!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)