Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 6:27 PM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you call him and see if he is pissed or happy to hear from you?

Options:

Yes. I would call and find out if he was upset or happy to hear from me.

No. I would not call and findout if he was upset or happy to hear from me. Because the past is in the past and obviously he moved for a reason.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

Ok, here is a little history. I have a friend who is a real gentleman. Back a few years ago I had the opprotunity to hook up with him and had the sense that maybe he wanted to and ended up not hooking up. Even though nobody believed us and thought for sure we hooked up. So we stopped talking and I took his number out of my phone so nobody would think there was anything going on. Than, several years later he moves in with my sister and brother-in-law and we start talking again. He tells me it took him a long time for him to get Lavone to believe that nothing happened between the two of us. So finally someone believed we did not hook up and I was free and clear with at least one person beside the one who was there that night.

So, when he moved in with my sister and brother-in-law I had to jump on the opprotunity to see if there was anything there between the two of us. So I invited him out to drinks with me and a couple friends, thinking maybe I could hook him up with my friend and at least get to keep a friend and be better friends with the other. So we went out and had some drinks with my friends and we danced once or twice than I took everybody home later that night. Well I took her home first than I took him to my sisters cause it just made sense the dirction I was going and where everydboy lived. So I talked to him a bit before he got out and I got his phone number if I didn't already have it at that point and gave him mine. So he was able to get text and I started chatting with him to see if he liked my friend and so on and so forth. Well they went out dancing again and apparently kissed on the dance floor and she didn't think there was any chemistry but he was interested in her. I didn't find this out until a little later on about the kiss, etc. So things didn't work out between them and I thought what a perfect opportunity to see if he has any kind of feelings for me. So we started flirting and what not and things got pretty steamy from time to time. Things went on from there but we again never hooked up. Than he was deciding to move back to Chicago where his mom lives and start new out there. So now I am real curious to see if there would have even been the least bit of chemistry between him and I because he was always a sweet guy. I day dream about him, I have dreams during the night about him and some of them are pretty steamy. So I have his number now in Chicago and I am not sure if I should call him because the way it ended. It did not end bad, but he really badly wanted to hook up and I wasn't ready cause he lived with my sister and that would have been weird if we hooked up and my sister caught us. So now I want to call him, but I a afraid too cause I don't know if he is pissed or not. I don't know if he would be happy to hear from me or anything. I don't even know if he has thought about me at all. Just typing this is making me all anxious thinking about it.

So my question is:

by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.Square
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Call him. Would you rather just wonder what could have been?

crysangel25
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Thanks. I really want to, I am just scared I guess. it seems kind of stupid to be scared, but I am married ad I don't know what would happen if he found out I was talking to him. Not like anything could happen cause he is in Chicago, but it does not mean I couldn't travel or he couldn't.

Kathy-PSPR
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I say call him, what harm could it do? It's better than sitting around wondering "what if", you never know what could come of it. 

good

menmy2lilmen
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I would say call him. The worse thing that could happen is he not want to talk.

kgspecial55
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM

CALL AND MAKE SURE YOU ASK THE NECESSARY QUESTIONS NOT TO BE LEFT INTHE DARK ANYMORE

Kathy-PSPR
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I did not realize you were married...That changes my vote. I would not call him.

Is this guy really worth risking your marriage/family over? I would be devastated if I found out my DH felt this way about another woman.

Quoting crysangel25:

Thanks. I really want to, I am just scared I guess. it seems kind of stupid to be scared, but I am married ad I don't know what would happen if he found out I was talking to him. Not like anything could happen cause he is in Chicago, but it does not mean I couldn't travel or he couldn't.

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:12 PM
I would keep your marriage intact and leave it alone.

Quoting crysangel25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.Square
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Oh...didn't know you were married. I wouldn't call him. Nothing good will come out of that! Don't do it!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Don't call. Almost everyone has a "what-if". It's not worth it to find out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greene26
by on Jan. 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM

If you're married you should definitely leave it alone. Why risk your family? If he wanted you that bad before, he would have made a move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)