Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would your husband mind if...

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:24 AM
  • 103 Replies
You were close friends with an ex boyfriend? I am extremely close with an ex boyfriend of mine, in fact we are so close of friends he is actually the God Father of our daughters and in fact the race car we are helping to sponsor this week is his. My husband loves and trust me, he knows that my ex is an ex for a reason and that him and I are better friends then in a relationship, so would your husband mind?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Mine would. It has nothing to do with trust, or insecurities. Neither one of us really has friends of the opposite sex. I mean we have friends who are couples, but we never just hang out with someone of the opposite sex. Just not something we feel is appropriate in our relationship. If it works for you though, thats cool. Everyone, and every relationship is different.

LindAngeLevi
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Yes he would definitely mind only because he knows that we connected at one point and just as if my fiancée and I were to break up who is to say I wouldn't get back with him after a year especially while we are best friends. This actually happened with my ex. I was so in love with him that I couldn't move on even with my fiancée it was really hard my ex and I were in different states and we both loved each other but wanted each other to be happy. I finally moved on but my fiancée knew my feelings for my ex and wasn't comfortable with it. Then my ex died and my fiancée felt bad for keeping me from talking to him and he was my shoulder to cry on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:49 AM
We never hang out just him and I, my husband is with me but we still talk every so often, he checks to see how the girls are or one of us will see if we are attending a race somewhere but we never do dinners or movies one on one I know some people that do that and that would be a strange uncomfortable situation for me, LOL :)

Quoting RheaF:

Mine would. It has nothing to do with trust, or insecurities. Neither one of us really has friends of the opposite sex. I mean we have friends who are couples, but we never just hang out with someone of the opposite sex. Just not something we feel is appropriate in our relationship. If it works for you though, thats cool. Everyone, and every relationship is different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella14308
by Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM

my ex (dd7's dad) and i are really good friends... while his wife and my hubby are at work we are usually at stores or my house chillin out, playing video games whatever... (he is a stay at home dad to his 1 year old and i am on bedrest for preg complications)... he also comes over and plays games with hubby or helps out when we rearrange things in the house... we all get along and are great friends (me and ex are the same age while my hubby and ex's wife are the same age)

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:57 AM
That is cool :)

Quoting Bella14308:

my ex (dd7's dad) and i are really good friends... while his wife and my hubby are at work we are usually at stores or my house chillin out, playing video games whatever... (he is a stay at home dad to his 1 year old and i am on bedrest for preg complications)... he also comes over and plays games with hubby or helps out when we rearrange things in the house... we all get along and are great friends (me and ex are the same age while my hubby and ex's wife are the same age)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char.965
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I still talk with a couple of my exs. My husband has met one of them and he is cool with the fact that we are still friends. Haven't seen or talked to the one in years because he moved away but, we still keep in touch. The other one I talk to on fb and I let my husband read everything we talk about. He knows that I have no intention of ever getting back with these people even if something were to happen between us. My husband also has a woman friend that he used to date that he talks to every now and then. I don't mind that either. She even asked him once if he wanted to be with her again and he turned her down. So I know that he only wants me. She was just here a few months ago and I had no problem with her.

I guess you just have to be strong in who you are and who you are as a couple.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Thats cool. I mean if it works for you then awsome. I don't have any male friends that I just chat with or anything. Just not something I have any desire for. Most of our friends are couples that we hang out with together anyway.

Quoting lapcounter:

We never hang out just him and I, my husband is with me but we still talk every so often, he checks to see how the girls are or one of us will see if we are attending a race somewhere but we never do dinners or movies one on one I know some people that do that and that would be a strange uncomfortable situation for me, LOL :)

Quoting RheaF:

AFWifey20
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Mine wouldnt mind. His thought process is that if i want to be 'with' someone else-go. If we are friends it not a bigdeal. He is friends with his ex wife and im friends with my ex husband. Really has to do with where and how people feel abt theirselves. If your gonna cheat, your gonna. And visa versa. We trust each other and talk abt everything. I think as ling as theres communication there shouldnt be concerns.
superexcitedmom
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM
I don't think he would mind... But I wouldn't do it... Mainly because I've only had 2 exs in my life & they both weren't good :( but I wouldn't like it if my dh was super great friends with an ex... I have trust issues :( even though I trust him.... That's just what happens when you get cheated on in the past. :( but my dh knows this & actually doesn't talk to his exs either. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Add that to the fact that most of my ex's are ex's for a reason,lol. I have no desire to contact any of them. The only ex DH ever contacted was the one his Mom tried to get him in contact with.....after I married him! lol. His Mom would "secretly"(but not so secretly) call her and tell her where we were going, so she could casually bump into DH. The first time that happened she ran up and hugged him. I turned around and all of a sudden there is some blonde chick "huggung"(I mean really hugging) DH. He pulled back fast and offered her his hand, then introduced me, his wife. She was like...Oh, well ok then. But still showed up everywhere. DH had no desire to talk to her(I had not even said a thing about it either). She eventually took the hint, and when his Mom asked him about it he told her..."If I wanted to stay in contact with her I would have. I have no desire to even start a friendship". Not sure what happened in their relationship, but apparently it was not good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)