Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Moving to Florida dont know what to expect

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM
  • 17 Replies

So I'm moving to Florida in 10 days and i don't know what to expect.My husband is staying here in Puerto Rico "by the way i'm really sad about that' and I'm moving with my dad for now. How is it over there? Hows the jobs I don't know can someone tell me something so I at least be a little prepare i will appreciated. Thanks and God blessshrugging

by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yasbobari
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Me and my hubby are from P.R. too. We lived in the miami area for 2 years. Where are you headed? There is a lot to do pretty much everywhere. Its expensive and depending the area it can be hard to find a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
615amy09
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 10:29 PM
I lived in FL from birth to 30 yrs old. What do u want to know? Weather is nice...usually warm all year but does get cold(actual have had a cold winter this year and last). What part r u moving to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 10:33 PM

We moved from TX to FL (tampa area) and were there for about 2 weeks before DH found a really good job...and he wasn't even really looking at the time.

that state is so full of things to do and people and the weather is so nice all year round that it seemed to be pretty easy to find jobs. i heard that the miami area is a little bit more "drug centered" than some of the other cities.....and if your moving you should try to live on the coast from what i was told when we lived there because the further inland you go the less things there are...and that means less work.

good luck! it's a beautiful state....hot....but beautiful. :D

yasbobari
by on Jan. 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Ive heard Downtown Miami is like that,we lived in ft lauderdale..davie/weston area. And its really nice there. Very calm and decent place to live,very expensive though .

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

We moved from TX to FL (tampa area) and were there for about 2 weeks before DH found a really good job...and he wasn't even really looking at the time.

that state is so full of things to do and people and the weather is so nice all year round that it seemed to be pretty easy to find jobs. i heard that the miami area is a little bit more "drug centered" than some of the other cities.....and if your moving you should try to live on the coast from what i was told when we lived there because the further inland you go the less things there are...and that means less work.

good luck! it's a beautiful state....hot....but beautiful. :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2011 at 2:38 AM

I LOVE FLORIDA!  Eh depends what your work experience is will determine what is available to you and of course being bilingual is a plus.  Well hurricanes of course and we are the lightning capital of the world but it is not that far off from Puerto Rico I would think.

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:13 AM

It would really depend on where in FL you're moving to.

I can tell you about Central FL and the Space Coast. as that's where I'm from.

girlintheflock
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:34 AM

I live in Boynton Beach Florida.  5 min from the ocean.  I've lived in all of Palm Beach County for the last 30 years.  Lots of work and great weather.  Let me know if this is where your moving to and I can tell you what areas are good and safe, and what are not.  One block can make a big difference here.

dove7
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM

i will love to move  to Florida!!!!! good luck

i think your going to like it...

ChaoticAtBest
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I love living in Florida!!!  I am tired of it being cold right now though..lol

as for jobs and such, it really depends on what you are looking for and the area you move to.

Good luck!

snowbear74
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I dont live in Florida but I know a lot of people from there are moving north.we have a few families in our town from there that said they moved here(wv) because they couldnt afford things anymore and the jobs are dwindling down to nothing.Stuff it getting expensive there.A lot of florida is losing its population(you can look it up).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)