Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So I do not want to sound like all I do is complain but I am so stressed. I really need to get it all out and off my chest.

We just moved from FL to TN two days before Christmas. We spent every last dime and then some to move. My dh left a part time job there for a job offer here. We have not been able to make ends meet since he lost his job back in July of 09. Well we get here and he goes to the interview just to find out they are not hiring anyone for 45 to 60days. Well we are broke now and no way can we wait that long for him to start work. Oh and by now he has used our debit cards and run our two checking accounts into a total -$992.57. He has just been using them knowing we didn't have the money (he has done this before). Well we went to plan b. This was a job offer from a friend of his. He greatly stretched the truth on the offer and although he got the job it would not start until Feb 15th. It would also not be enough to pay the bills. So I have called every temp agency (he refused to) and friend I have. There is no work for him. We only have one car too so he has to have a job that will work with taking the kids to school and all that. Our rent is due in 15days. Even if he does start a job there is no way that he will get a check in time for enough to pay it. We literally only have about $4.75 in change. The banks are calling nonstop for us to correct our -balance. We can not even open another account anywhere else. (our old banks do not have a branch anywhere near us) I hate living here, I miss FL and being flat ass broke is not helping. I just want to cry or scream all at once. Its killing our marriage and most days I really don't care. 

Thanks ladies for listening

by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
Hel5030
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Quoting mrswolfs:

I don't know where you are in Tennessee but you may be able to contact your local Salvation army to see if you would qualify for some rental assistance and they may be able to put you in contact with other organizations that can help as well. I know here in the Knoxville area we have a good Samariaton center that helps. You may have to have an actual eviction notice tho. Hope this helps. Will be sending good thoughts your way.

^This...and...

I know times are tough trust me I've been there. You don't have anyone you can reach out to as far as family? I know a lot of people do not or don't like to ask, but sometimes you need to.I would also suggest going to the welfare office and seeing what can be done. A lot of people feel it's so "taboo" but you have to do what you need to for you and your family.  Have you thought about you getting a job and him staying home with your kids? I don't know your situation, but I hope for the best for you guys!! I'll be thinking of you!! BIG HUGS!!

dingysfamily
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM

praying 

cookincat743
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I've been there/are there. Hang in there it will get better eventually, even if just a little bit. But that does suck  I'm sorry!

2pittsburghboys
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM

At a time like this you need to apply for Public Assistance...I know some people are dead set against it but in your situation you have exhausted all options..you have children and they are most important.  It is not something you will use forever and nothing to look down upon.  I have had to do it myself and I don't care what others think about it.  My DH lost his job after we had our 3rd son.  We had just moved 6 month prior for him to take said job which by the way made sooooooooo many promises it wasn't even funny.  Only to turn around let everyone go and file Chapter 7 Bankrupcy.  It was a nightmare.  We still have medical bills and such from this and it is still going through the courts because they did it to employees from the entire company nationwide.  The Public Assistance office was able to help almost immediatly and I am very thankful for them.  I know alot of people on here have pride issues but in your case swallow the pride and look at your babies.  I know it's hard momma and you will be in my prayers like I said I have been there and we are still trying to dig out of our hole almost a year later ( March will be a year since he got a new job) Its hard and the economy sucks but you and your DH need each other right now..I am gonna tell you my DH's unemployment almost destroyed our marriage...It's not worth it...Be strong and if you ever need to talk don't hesitate to PM me.  Good Luck to you and your Family :)

Jess21608
by Jess on Jan. 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM

WOW this post really hits home for me...we didn't move to another state but my hubby and I are really having a hard time making ends meet this month...Our rent is late and it doesn't matter how hard either one of us works it never seems to be enough...we all need to win the LOTTO! I pray that something good comes your way!

grownsexy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM

In TN do you have a salvation Army are a place where you can go for help with your rent. Call 211 I think that might be the universal number to call and see if they can give you numbers to places that can give you assistance. Their are programs that will help with your light and gas bills and such. Their are programs that will help you with your back rent. Do this as soon as possible, do this Monday and then get to it. It is senseless and useless to argue with your husband he is just as stressed as you. Go and exhaust the help that is what all this stimulus is there for. I hope that you can find it. I know that we have that kind of help in my state I am sure they have it in yours as well.

Also try your local church and pray without ceasing. I am rooting for you. Good luck and I hope this help.

Telling it like it is.

Elizabethmo2
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 6:17 PM

hugs

kermsgirlie
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Just here to listen at this point.Ive got nothing...

menmy2lilmen
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Thanks everyone for all the advice and support. We have going to have to head to assistance office on Tuesday. I have already told dh that. He was not happy with that option but we really are at our end. The have to eat and insurance.

I am not sure about the salvation army since we do not have one in our area and I am not sure where the closest one is. As far as my family goes the only one willing to help is my mom but she can't now. She put down first month rest and security on our rent place with the agreement we would pay her back my the end of the month. She is stretched to the limit at this point. My bother and sister already think she is helping and giving her shot about it. Oh and to make life even better we got a letter from the IRS last year. Apparently DH failed to claim about 2000 income last year. So now we owe them almost a 1000 dollars. Its a long a story but talk about being kick in balls.

We shall see what the new week will brings. The kids are at Grandma's house and I am veggie out trying to regroup for a while.

Hel5030
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:13 AM
Best of luck with everything! Remember you have your health and your loved ones! This is only a bump in the road. You guys will get thru! Keep you head up and remember a closed mouth won't get fed so ask for help when you need it!! Tons of HUGS to you and yours!! Keep us updated!!

-Jamie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)