Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
i got my taxes done, expecting to get the money around the 28th woohoo! Not sure yet what im going to do.

Anyone else file taxes already?
Plans for the money??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I just started working on mine. I think I'm getting a nice chunk back. Probably go towards the new house at the end of the year. 

HaPpY_MoMmY_10
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Yep, we should get ours back on the 28th too.  I am getting a new laptop since I am starting school and the laptop I have is POS. And the rest is going into savings. DF also gets a profit share check in February which should be around $2,000 so he said he's going to buy my engagement ring.

JadesAtomicMama
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Haven't started ours, but we plan on putting the money on savings for our down payment on our first house! I'm so excited
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sam.Marie
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM

nope we haven't received any W-2's or things for interest on the house..

shesmokesalot
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Sure did, we are getting a size able chunk back and it's got plans LOL

jrsmom333
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Havent got our w2s yet but as soon as we do we will get ours done so we can get some money in the savings acct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM

DHs old workplace isn't putting W2s up online until the last week of the month.....grrrrrrrrrr

But we did the H&R block tax refund calculater....and it says it's suppose to be around $4500....we were suppose to get back around $8500 but the last week of the tax season DH made an extra $1200 and it put us into a higher tax bracket. Sigh...... and extra $1200 cost us $4000 in tax refund money.....sooooooo dumb. :(

we are going to pay off our debt and save the money :D well most of it. nto saying we wont take a few bucks and spend it on ourselves. :D

dperez
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM
W-2's wont be available until the end of the month. We plan on paying off debt & the rest in savings.
Daylightdies
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 1:37 PM
Im hopingDH dont lose his job or else it will all have to go to rent :( But if not idk how much we r gettin. no W2s yet but most likley a new car
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2011 at 1:39 PM
We haven't gotten our W2's yet. We typically file in February. Usually we get around $6000 back, but we had to pull from my husband's retirement this past year, so we won't get that much. Ours is going into savings. There's a real possibility my husband will be moving for a new job within the next few weeks & we'll be paying our mortgage and rent on the apartment, so we'll need all the extra money we can get! I'm very worried about how tight things are going to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)