Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wifes to serve husbands?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM
  • 105 Replies

hey ladies im from the UK however ive just been watchin sally (the american chat show) and i cant believe theres men on the show that believe there wives should "serve" them and be there slaves.. they expect there women to do absolutely everything.. i cant believe it :O ive only been with my partner 10 months and we are expecting our first child.. we arent married and have no plans to be.. but i was just wondering as americans do yous actually agree with these men that u should serve your husbands.. i think women are equal to men and this is wrong.. 

by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunnymommy122
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM

i certainly don't agree with it...i agree with you that men and women are equal and not meant to serve their husbands.  there are people who do, though.

Lanie_momofone
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I am not american, i am canadian.

And i do not agree with this at all. Woman were not put on this earth to serve our men. Woman were put on this earth to make a contribution and to live our lifes just like men.

Men and woman should be treated as equals..

Joeysmom6
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM
I believe that each couple should have a relationship that works for them. If that means the women serving the man, or the man serving the woman, or complete equality, or WHATEVER works for them. As long as all parties involved agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristybaby2
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM
agree!! i do certain things fo my husband because i choose to and i stay home with our kids. he wrks 12hr days and i do like to have dinner made and the house clean. bht he does his part with our kids and tidying up on his days off. but we are equa and should be treated as so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booksandhooks

That's just nonsense!  I've been married almost 27 years and my husband isn't like that at all.  He's my partner, lover and best friend.  I would never have a man who thought that way.  I wonder why those women would chose someone like that?

Mommy_Burge

I dont agree with that at all. me and my husband take traditional roles in our home. He works and i take care of everything in the house and our son. i cook, clean and blah blah blah....

BUT he does respect that i'm his equal. he doesn't make big decisions without me and he KNOWS better than to order me around or try and be like "get me this. do that"

kay_Newcastle
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM

yeah my partner works and i stay at home,, cook, clean etc and soon will be looking after our son.. because he brings in the salary im happy with this id rather be a stay at home mom.. but i see some women that are totally controlled.. not aloud to go out with there girlfriends, expected to have sex when ever the man wants it etc its shocking. if a man loves a women he should not expect her to be his slave.

coffeeyum
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM

No this is absolute agression on the slave assumption in any society at any time in life.  It isn't a good idea, so as women are struggling to kick this point off the political planet of the apes. ..  . . ..

We surely aren't apes, and we aren't tarzan, and no we are technically advanced but not controlled to a slave labor stupor.

Men are placing a game attacment to women as far as they assume, Assumptions are way over this life, and who in any civilized society or uncivilized at that, would allow someone to become under them as full time slave.  Servanthood is supposed to be a society thing, but to have this as a poll question to get more attention to the man, no, they know who they are.

Women are just as responsible, but some men are so irresponsible and lazy that it is always the woman picking up the mess. or picking up the unresolved pieces.

Never seen this show , I'd never want to be that type of male. I'd be working and not look back, and if I were able to help another person, namely a person that is on the street helpless even then, those can find work, and not NEED a woman to do things for them.  This is a wasteful minded time we are in

bikingmommy
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM

My husband has a coworker that is like that to his wife.  When they first moved here we were "friends" with them until we saw the way he was to everyone in his family!  He expects to be king and there is no other option!  Quite sad that she has to deal with it.  I tried to be her friend because she had no one else, but I couldn't stand to be around her hubby or see the bruises all over her and the kids.  I tried to help and she didn't want it.  Now I see her complain on FB all the time about his drinking and stuff.  She really needs out but has nowhere to go because he has pushed everyone out of her life.

coffeeyum
by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM

kay newcastle,

not allowed to go out with girls, is kind of a tw way street. If only the man is using that as his tool of control it's super kindergartenish to be that way, he is not all pure in his thoughts so if or when men at best try to use an off the wall tactic and they pour purely senseless 2 yr old thoughts onto an non connected person, ( like one that isn't even on that keel ) then that man is the most of himself, these 2 aren't on the same thought level.  Doesn't belong in the same life span

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)