Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

hey ladies im from the UK however ive just been watchin sally (the american chat show) and i cant believe theres men on the show that believe there wives should "serve" them and be there slaves.. they expect there women to do absolutely everything.. i cant believe it :O ive only been with my partner 10 months and we are expecting our first child.. we arent married and have no plans to be.. but i was just wondering as americans do yous actually agree with these men that u should serve your husbands.. i think women are equal to men and this is wrong.. 

by on Jan. 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Replies (101-105):
ronynsmama
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Just because God gave me a vagina does not mean that I am second to a man. I have the same rights as a man does and the same desire to have a fufiling life. Any man who is threatened by that should get involved with someone else.

Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Men and women are equal. No man should ever act like he's above a woman bc of her sex.

MagadoodlesMom
by Member on Jan. 22, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I believe we are equal... we express that in our relationship...

ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Quoting kristybaby2:

agree!! i do certain things fo my husband because i choose to and i stay home with our kids. he wrks 12hr days and i do like to have dinner made and the house clean. bht he does his part with our kids and tidying up on his days off. but we are equa and should be treated as so.

I agree with you here. However, I'm kind of the opposite as well. I wouoldn't call it "serving" or "slaving" over my husband but as a stay at home mom I pretty much do everything while DH works. The only thing that my husband does that would consider us "equals" is he takes out the trash and dirty diapers. lol. But I like it this way. He is in no way messy or lazy, but it all keeps me busy so I prefer it this way. I've had some friends who ask me why I'm always putting him first before myself and my reply is simple: Because someone has to while he puts me and our girls ahead of himself.

mommas3cubs
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Quoting Sarlinda:

Men and women are equal. No man should ever act like he's above a woman bc of her sex.

And no woman should either, But you see that all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)