Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

(((I have a cave man for a husband)))

Posted by   + Show Post
My dh husband seems to think that because he's the man and leaves home everyday to work that his job is the toughest. Well as a sahm I say mine is because I am in full operation 365 days and 366 in a leap year literally. I never get a day off. Anyone out there know where I'm coming from with this? Please tell me about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Replies (31-35):
mommacatof3
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM

It sounds like you could both take a break. Maybe get a sitter and have a night out so you can both relax.

Susie140
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM

WELL I WORK BUT I ALSO DO THE LAUNDRY, COOKING, CLEANING, I PAY THE BILLS, I DO THE GROCERY SHOPPING AN SEE THAT EVERYTHING ELSE IS DONE AS WELL. I EVEN FEED THE CATTLE WHEN HUBBY IS GONE OUT OF TOWN WORKING WHICH IS EVERY OTHER DAY. BUT HE ALSO MAKES A HELL OF ALOT MORE MONEY THAN I DO. WHEN HE'S HOME HE FIXES EVERYTHING THAT NEEDS FIXIN AN HE TAKES CARE OF THE CATTLE WHEN HE'S HOME. IN THE SUMMER HE MOWS THE YARD THE PASTURES AN BAILS HAY. IT TAKES ALOT OF TIME TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS AROUND HERE.  I HAVE A WONDERFUL WHO LOVES ME WITH ALL MY FLAWS, AS I DO HIM BUT HES GOT MORE FLAWS THAN ME. LOL

eeyoreplus4
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 5:19 PM

MY DH started out as the SAHP. I still came home & did the majority of the housework. Then we both were working & I did the majority of the housework. Then DH went to work & I became the SAHP and was doing all of the housework. DH was really surprised to realize that I could keep house up without any of his help, but told me that if I could clean & work then so could he. He said that I am definitely the better mommy & he'll happily let me stay at home & he'll go to work. He says he has the easier job.

He is an amazingly wonderful & supportive man & I appreciate that he appreciates me and what I do :)

momx24
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I completely understand where you are coming from.

The only difference is that my husband is retired/disabled and  not able to work.

I am also a SAHM but I also take care of him, our daughters of which there are 2 and do ALOT of

things that are not noticed by anyone else in the house. ONLY when I say something that someone will speak up.

Being a SAHM is by rights the toughest job there is, bar none.

jdsmell7
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 12:21 AM

On his day off, go do some errands/shopping leave him home with the kid(s) and leave things to be done that you would normally do--- it will open his eyes like it did my hubby's :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)