Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I asked my husband to....

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:22 PM
  • 50 Replies

I asked my husband to go to the store for me to get potatoes, green beans, garlic, and salt. He comes back with sweet potatoes, peas, and garlic salt. LOL! I looked at him with my crazy eyes and he said "WHAT?! What did I do?" And he swears he listens to me, lol. BUT he did bring me my favorite magazine so I couldn't be too mad. Do any of your Dh's have selective hearing?

by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Me: "Can you please peel the potatoes and squash?"

I look after a few minutes....he peeled white potatoes and sweet potatoes. I guess in his mind if it's orange, it must be squash. ha 

sew4fun
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Oh yes !!! Just today we went tot he fabric store to get some hard to find fabric that was on sale for me to make some dresses for our girls for summer vacation. In the van out front I asked him " If I find some other disney fabric that is on sale that I do not have do you want me to get it?" He says " Yes get it while it is on sale" so I get back in the van with two different fabrics and he says "that looks like more than one kind of fabric, why did you get two ?" LOL really !!!! ??? HAHAHA

BiloxiDreams
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I think all men do.  Even my 5 and 3 year old little men have it!

Psalm127.3
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Oh yes! Haha, poor guy, he's always getting the wrong thing.. especially when it comes to food. I started writing things down now to help him out :)

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM

LOL. yes, DH has terrible selective hearing. hence when I send him to the store he has a list. if not I text him the list. then he can't claim that he didn't remember what I sent him for. though most of the time he will come home without one specific item lol.

proudmommy22805
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM

If I don't write it down there is no hope! And he will still call me to make sure he has the right stuff!

Aquafeena
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:47 PM
My husband makes me text him a picture of what I want at the store lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieJo81
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:51 PM

LOLOLOLOL All the time... It can be really annoying sometimes. He's gotten so bad I don't send him for anything. If he goes and I need something, I only tell him at the most 2 things to get.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 20, 2011 at 12:34 AM

My husband ran to the store earlier and forgot trash bags even though I wrote a list ; )

frogger05
by Member on Jan. 20, 2011 at 1:40 AM
I have to text my husband a list of things i need or else he wont get anything i want just his impulses.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

LOL. yes, DH has terrible selective hearing. hence when I send him to the store he has a list. if not I text him the list. then he can't claim that he didn't remember what I sent him for. though most of the time he will come home without one specific item lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN