Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I asked my husband to go to the store for me to get potatoes, green beans, garlic, and salt. He comes back with sweet potatoes, peas, and garlic salt. LOL! I looked at him with my crazy eyes and he said "WHAT?! What did I do?" And he swears he listens to me, lol. BUT he did bring me my favorite magazine so I couldn't be too mad. Do any of your Dh's have selective hearing?

by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
LuvablemomD
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Yes everyday all day.Then he claim I said things I did not say.

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Mine will go for 1 item and get 15 because he can't pass up the deal or it looked good lol....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dayjohnson
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I used to ask dh to go to the store for me but he would always come back an hour later with what I needed PLUS about $60 worth of "extras" like a new microbrew beer, ice cream, potato chips and some type of bakery item (like donut holes)- none of which I would consume myself, lol.  I have since disallowed him from making the mini grocery runs : )

nicolasax3
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 1:59 AM

my hubby doses this all the time so before he gose to the store i tell him to repeate back to me what i want wow i feel like im talking to a child lol!

Jess0915
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:06 AM
This makes me feel better, my DH's selective hearing really gets on my nerves sometimes! Its funny, but its not, you know? Anyway, I'm glad hes not the only one. I feel bad because I sometimes snap at him and I can get pretty mean if Im really irritated. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsTantaros
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:11 AM

lol! gee this sounds all to simiar to my husband!

feistymami
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:11 AM

We both have selective hearing... or just a horrible memory. lol I can't blame him, I am just as bad. We forgot to buy black pepper for over a month and we have been reminding each other every week!

ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 4:54 PM

mine has it so bad i could make a list and he'd still get it wrong. lmao i love him

k9mama1130
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Quoting Psalm127.3:

Oh yes! Haha, poor guy, he's always getting the wrong thing.. especially when it comes to food. I started writing things down now to help him out :)

After making so many mistakes when going to the strore, DH  won't even go anymore unless I either give him a written list or send him one via text. He constantly calls with questions when he's there too!

crystaldinae
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:38 PM

our last name is Walls and boy does it fit my husband. He doesn't have selective hearing he's a damn wall lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN