Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you and your Dh still working toward a better future?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM
  • 29 Replies

Or are you guys happy with where you are?

Like are you both in school? looking for better jobs? Maybe you are already finished with school... Are there any other ways in which you are trying to better your life?

My Dh and I are still pretty young. Sometimes I feel like we have barely started living! We are both in school right now getting our degrees. It will be SO awesome when we don't have to continuously try and get to a better place. It will be nice to just BE there already. lol

by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SareyF
by Sarah on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Dh and I are still young and working on things. I think we may always be trying to improve our lives. He's two classes away from his college degree and will finish them as soon as he can, although his current job is fairly demanding so he's had to temporarily put it on hold. Once the kids are both in school, I plan to go back to school again. We're working on our credit so we can one day buy a house.

laidbackmommy
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I think my DH and I are in a holding pattern right now.  We're both 29 and I'm a SAHM and he's an attorney half way through his 4th year.  We're pretty comfortable with where we are, but DH is still trying to decide if he wants to stay with this firm for the long haul.  It's pretty much accepted that if you're with the firm for 6 years, that you're working toward partnership.  He's not sure that's what he wants to do. 

We are working on paying off our school loans and putting money into investments and 429 plans for both our retirements and the kids' college plans.

So, like I said, I think we're in a holding patters....  It's all right!

-mrs.mamma-
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I think we'll always have dreams and aspirations..

currently, Hubby is working full-time for a GREAT company..the only thing: it's just not his passion. he does like it, it's just not what he LOVES to do..he does get to do side work to help satisfy that..but he really wants to get back into it full-time.

I'm currently still in college...SIX WEEKS left of classes!!! then I have an 8wk long internship and then GRADUATION! I'm soooooo extremely excited!!
I also work part-time..so days/weeks can be crazy busy and draining.

we also are currently renting an apartment...so we'd LOVE to buy house this year..and we definitely need a new "family car"...and we're hoping to get a BFP this year!!!

LOTS of dreams and aspirations...but it keeps us going when it gets hard.  :)

Loreleii23
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Oh we'll always change thing's up a bit from year to year.  I've been a SAHM for 16years now.  Our kids are getting older now and I'm thinking of getting a degree or a Life Coaching Certification.  We still have plans on where we'd like to live later and such.   It's nice to be "settled" for the time being.  But we love change. Who know's what adventures we'll see :)

Lori

LuvablemomD
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM

No we both are not happy where we are.

I want to get my masters in business administration but right now I do not have the time to back to school.

He would like to start college but the military keeps him busy,he is never home and runs a unit by himself.

I plan on going back to school when my daughter start preschool.I look forward to working hard retire then traveling around the world with no worries.Right now I have too much on my plate. I see the light at the end of my tunnel I just have to get myself there by being strong and never giving up.

kfroz0415
by Member on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I have my business degree. Dh doesn't have a degree, but he has a high paying secure job without it. He is one of the lucky ones there.

I'm staying at home with both kids until our youngest is in Kindergarten, he's only 8 weeks old right now. Therefore, in some ways I feel we are where we want to be, but in other ways I know we are going to want different things in the future. We are both pretty young at 24 and 26 though so we have plenty of time. :)

EireLass
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM

We're 52 & 50. Yes, we're still working towards a better. We've always been so happy together, but we refuse to get stagnant. We have lots of plans for this year, and then into the future. No reason to sit still and settle in......blah. 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM

We are happy with how things are for the most part, but we are both working for a better future. I am currently in school and he works full-time. He also has a side business that he does part-time that he is trying to build a client base for so that he can go full-time.

HKing01
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:26 PM

We are in our mid 20s and we have 3 kids. We are pretty happy now but we have a few more goals to reach. 

MagadoodlesMom
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Well at one point we were in a "good Place" ... then the economy bottomed out and he was laid off 9 months ago... so now we are at "working to make it better" .... I will be returning to school to finish my degree and then he will return to improve his resume... hills and valleys ... such is life :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN