Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you and your Dh still working toward a better future?

Or are you guys happy with where you are?

Like are you both in school? looking for better jobs? Maybe you are already finished with school... Are there any other ways in which you are trying to better your life?

My Dh and I are still pretty young. Sometimes I feel like we have barely started living! We are both in school right now getting our degrees. It will be SO awesome when we don't have to continuously try and get to a better place. It will be nice to just BE there already. lol

by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Replies (21-29):
VeeMama
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM

We are technically not living together right now after a seperation in August after we went terribly wrong to each other and we are still working on being together but are also working more towards a better future. I am in school just started for Early Childhood Ed and he will prob be going to school later this year for Environmental Tech, not the happiest where we ARE but way happier than where we WERE and it's continuing to grow daily

2milesboys
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 5:20 PM

we are working toward a better future where we arent living paycheck to paycheck and we can afford the life we want for our children

oba
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Marriage is a continuous work, is betterto make it heart work with that it will not be a hard work. Where there is genuine love things will work out.

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:03 PM

We have some obstacles to overcome but we just keep on chugging!

crystaldinae
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I'm going to school and trying to find a better job and he is trying to find a second job

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM

We are both in school at present time.  I am working full time and he has an interview on Tuesday for a job. (Fingers crossed, it's been a rough ride with him not working.)  We are looking forward to a brighter future and working hard to get there.

alyssasmom11007
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:53 PM

We're doing pretty good.  I finished college last year and don't wanna go on anymore other than some certifications.  He has said he wouldn't mind getting his masters (has an associates) but decided against it.  We are just trying to budget and pay off our horribly debt from when we first got married.

Ladywithtwo
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Hubby & I are both in school now. With 4 kids! It's incredibly hard but I can't wait for may 2012 when we both graduate!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmom27
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 11:06 PM

The economy is so unstable right now that we're afraid to switch jobs.  I know that I could make a lot more money doing something else, but I have seniority where I work now.  I don't make much, but it's fairly stable, and the days are flexible.  We are working to pay off our debt.  We are living in a tiny mobile home right now in order to get out of debt. and move before the boys start school.  We'd really like to move out of California.  Our plan is to pay off what we can throughout the year, and then use our entire tax return each year to pay off large debts.  This year it will pay off our car.  The next two years it will go towards my DH's student loan.  Within about 3 years we should be free!  (Fingers crossed.)  At that point we're hoping to relocate.  At the moment we've both been holding jobs that are transferable, so that we can still keep our jobs when we move.  When we settle into a new home town, I really like to go back to school.  Even though eventually I'll stay home with the boys.  I'd like to keep my options pen just in case.  It's a rough economy now days...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN