Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In laws.. :)

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  • 25 Replies

I really do love mine. My husband's parents are still together, high school sweethearts.. and the BEST people I've ever met. 

Okay, get this.. this STILL amazes me after 6 years of being with my DH..  they live 2 and a half hours away and they drive here almost every weekend to see their grandchildren. 

I also have three SILs, who all pitch in to help us whenever they can.. for example, we've been having some financial problems & my DH's middle sister just brought over $150 worth of groceries (at least.. she claims she doesn't know what she spent lol)... we would have never asked for anything.. but she just did it.. My DH's oldest sister just took my kids to Pizza Hut for no good reason 2 weeks ago.. just for fun. 

I just had to say that they are AMAZING & truly inspiring & I'm sooo happy that I married into such an awesome family! :)

Does anyone else LOVE their in-laws?? I always hear negative stuff about in-laws! Lets hear some positive!! 

Thanks again,  

Meggie-May

SAHM to three amazing children: Maddox (4), Kingston (3), & Paris (1). 

[Formally Lovespinkk] 

by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
When you find "The Interview" online...
Yesterday at 9:25 PM
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I do, really, just like you. My MIL called me up out of the blue the other day to see if she could have DD for the weekend--like, Friday to Sunday. I was like Yes! I want to take your son out!

SP_Mama
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I absolutely love my in-laws.  In fact, if it weren't for them, DH and I probably wouldn't have had a wedding reception.  They paid for it all and I am so thankful to them for all they  have done.  We spend almost every weekend with them.  :-)

Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I have one normal SIL I tell DH the only difference between him and I is I had enough sense to see my mother was out of her mind and got her help!

His stepdad/fosterdad when we see him I love him he is a big old teddy bear and I know is the man who made my hubby the man he is

Pandi653
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Mine are pretty amazing :) mil is very giving and helps with soo much..and my husbands aunt is amazing with dd, she watches her for us, for free. She buys her own food and supplies for her, her own set of toys and clothes. They are lifesavers and we would be lost without them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsTantaros
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I have never physically met my Mother-in-Law, but I talk to her online and on the phone all the time. She is a sweet heart! I cant wait for this summer, she is coming up here for a week to visit!

MyLifeAsHisWife
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM

That's great! My in-laws suck! But my family is great! My DH is having surgery next week so my parents are driving up to help is for a few days! We live 8 hours away.

.Sugaree.
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Yes, my MiL helps us soooo much. She lives 1.5 hours away and still usually comes once a week tonsee the boys. She always brings themclothes and takes us grocery shopping too.

We have only been in one fight ever but mAn was I pissed!!! However I got over it bc of all she does for us and she is a real sweet loving woman
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclellanlass
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM

meeeeeeeee toooooooooo! I love one side of my in laws. Hubby's Mom and Step dad! I absolutely adore them!!!

They paid for our wedding, and they take our son when we need to go into work (I work from home mostly). 

Now, my hubby's Father and step mother, TOTAL opposites. Dislike them tons.

I REALLY LOVE my mil and sfil! =) I love all my husbands brothers on that side too. They LOVE playing with Jayden.

MommyOK
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM

My in-laws are also really amazing....they spend a lot of time (and even more money) on our boys. For a long time they used to keep my older son at their house one are even 2 days on the weekends. And most recently...when I had to go to the ER they came over together(although I only talked to my MIL) and stayed for almost a week just to make sure I was OK and helped with the kids. And they never ever take any money from us. MIL is a great cook. SHe makes all kinds of great meals for the kids and she's an expert my now on how to make allergy free stuff for them. They are just over the top parents in law. I could not have it better.

jmetz4
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Mine aren't as great as yours. We have a rocky relationship. But they are still pretty cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN