Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

bedroom help (sexual content)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so this is kind of embarassing for me to post, but I need some advice on how to help my DH feel more comfortable. We have been together for 2 years, married for almost a year and we have a beautiful baby boy together. I was his first real relationship, and the only woman he has had sex with more than once. He is VERY conservative (we dont even kiss in front of other people because he feels like its ours to share privately) and hes very unsure of himself in the bedroom. Im a little more experienced than him and try to initiate different things, like different positions in the bedroom but he is so self consious of what hes doing that it ends up being the same old stuff (we have only EVER had sex in one position). He wants to try new things as well but hes always so scared that hes "not gona please me". And hes just very uncomfortable. I want him to feel comfortable making love to his wife, and I want to feel comfortable as well. Sometimes his being uncomfortable makes me self consious of what Im doing. Any suggestions or ideas??

by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsTantaros
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM

I would say, go pick up a COSMOPOLITAN magazine! :) I get some GREAT ideas from that! Maybe if you warm him up first...he will loosen up more.

Ambear72
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM
Have you tried getting a book like the Joy of sex and looking at it together and talking about things first. Something my hubby did was we watched xxx movies together and talked about things we wanted to do and try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prinzesa_edith
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 3:20 AM
Have him write things he would like to try, and tell him you won't judge him no matter what it is. Then follow through with it. Little by little, he will get better and better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM

My DH was a virgin when I got with him. It took us about a year to get him comfortable to try other things. But to be honest, what got him comfortable was a lot of oral sex. lol. TMI but I was giving out a lot of BJ's only for like a month and then he started joining in on the festivities. And I was always sure to let him know how good he feels and how hot he was in and out of the bedroom. Almost five years later and he is just starting to return the compliments lmao. Which makes it even better.

ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Quoting Ambear72:

Have you tried getting a book like the Joy of sex and looking at it together and talking about things first. Something my hubby did was we watched xxx movies together and talked about things we wanted to do and try.

Oh how I MISS THIS. lol, but now our dvd player is strictly PG and under. lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)