Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you or would you send your DH/SO flowers ?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM
  • 23 Replies

I have not and would not get DH flowers but I have gotten him plants. One year around Christmas I send him a mini Christmas tree after we had an arguement.

by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM
I haven't but I would. He wouldn't think it to manly to receive flowers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM

no it just seems to girly lol if I did he would be thinking "wtf?" hahaha

-mrs.mamma-
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I haven't...and most likely never will...LOL, I don't even like it when he spends money on flowers for me, such a waste when they die...

superexcitedmom
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM
I don't think I would send him flowers... But it would depend on the situation... I would get him chocolate & a stuffed animal :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM

No, never have, never would. He wouldnt like it at all if I did!

SlightlyPerfect
Saturday at 6:05 PM
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM

That is cute (the mini Christmas tree thing).

I send DH gaudy flower arrangements to his place of employment every Valentine's Day because we hate hate hate that day so much. (It's too commercialized, and our rants and raves about it early in the relationship have become a sort of a staple). I always make sure to get goofy balloons and candy, too. Anything to draw attention to him. He hates that.

But seriously, I send him gourmet gift baskets sometimes to work when he lands an account or otherwise does something awesome, but not flowers.

3mommy3
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I have only done it once.

After 14 yrs, I finally became pregnant...I sent a flower arrangement along w/a balloon bouquet to his work to surprise him w/the news. He was working for Pepsi at the time and EVERYONE was in on it. They placed it in the conference room and sent him in there...I was on speaker phone (all of his co-workers were outside looking through the glass) when he walked in. He first said "WTH"....Then after a few minutes he read the card and said "haha good joke guys" and that is when I spoke up and told him that we were having a baby (ended up being two). He went to set down and hit the floor...Totally missed his seat. lol His friend got it all on video for me!!!!

So, yes I have and would again.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM
I would not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keilman1
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I haven't and probably wouldn't only because his ex wife used to send him flowers for specials occassions. I do myown thing, we actually don't buy each other something separate, we buy something for each both of us, like and antique or other special thing. 

dperez
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I  sent him flowers with a teddy bear at work a few years ago, the guys teased him but he was happy. We were in separate states at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)