Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Disapproving friends

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
Do any of your friends disapprove of your DH/SO? Did you lose friends over your relationship?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BiloxiDreams
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM

No one disapproved of him but just about everyone disapproved of us getting married, including family.  Not that I could blame them.  We were both 19 and had met 2 months and 11 days before we married.  I'd kill my kids if they did that!  lol  But no, we didn't lose any friends over it

millermom07
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM

My first hubby, YEAH!!  A LOT of people disapproved of  him. lol  But my dumb butt thought he was great and that I'd never find another guy (I'm over weight and thought that was it for me).  My hubby now.  No, everyone loves him.  He's a wonderful guy!!!

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Not that I know of.  I have lost contact with a lot of my friends, but I moved to a different state, and we just lost touch as far as I know.

LovelyMother88
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM

No, no one dissaproves. I have a few friends who don't really get along with him. They work together and he can be a hardass. But they tell me despite all that, they hope they can find a husband as loyal as mine. And he tells me that he is glad I have such good friends. They might not be friends, but they respect each other. All of my other friends love him... because they don't have to work with him, lol.

SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
Tuesday at 7:37 PM
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Even if anyone disapproved, I would not care.

mollysmom212
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM

no not really...

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 8:13 AM
I don't care who doesn't like him, they don't have to sleep with him. We are a package deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Member on Jan. 22, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I have some friends and relatives that disapprove our marriage... because we are traditional and my husband is the head of our home... and as long as they can either keep it to themselves, question it respectfully and accept my answers... our friendship remains intact. That is the case with several friends. They may not approve of how our marriage works, but they love and respect me enough to realize that I am happy and that is all that matters.

Nobody disapproves of my HUSBAND. And if they did, I would not be friends with them. My husband is my priority... and he feels the same about me and his friends.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

maine1014
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM

My first marriage, I lost all my friends and my family did not speak to me for a long time, turned out they were right, got divorced. Always listen to your mom, I know that now.

carinyosa99
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Nope - all my friends are also friends with him.  After 16 years of marriage, there isn't anyone that I'm friends with who isn't friends with him as well. 

My best friend from HS though is married to a guy who is terrible for her.  He's cheated on her (won't judge too much since my husband did the same years ago).  He's physically abused her.  He's never held a job longer than a month.  There are a lot of issues.  Some of them you can chalk up to him being bipolar and not finding the right meds combination to help him.  She says he's so much better now that he has found the right meds, but after so many years of the crap she's gone through (their oldest is almost 10), I will never approve of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)