Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Do any of your friends disapprove of your DH/SO? Did you lose friends over your relationship?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Replies (11-19):
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I had one friend who didn't think I should be with DH before he was my DH. My friend Cam wanted to be with me but didn't want me with my DH. I did loose him unfortunately but I have two beautiful children now. If he didn't want me to be with him that he obviously didn't see how much I loved him.

LuvablemomD
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM

All my friends love him( everyone loves him),BUT all his "friends"hate me.On the other hand my ex friends love me and still keep in contact with me.I use to joke and say if I could only switch around somethings with them I would have the best of both worlds with one man LOL.I really am in love with my husband though because no one is perfect I have flaws too that he accept me for but his friends are not my concern when it comes those things.

njpvtdncr
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Nope everybody loves him, he is truely a great person all around.

ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

My friends hooked me up with DH. lol They all knew we were the perfect match for each other, until we got into a routine where we were in our own world then  people regretted it because it was taking up all our time. lol. I did lose friends over it but no biggie obviously. However, most of his friends and family did not approve of me. Mostly because of my age, which really caused a riff with them and him because he was happy and that wasn't good enough for them and the fact that they judged me without even meeting me first.

SareyF
by Sarah on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM
I did lose friends but they weren't the greatest friends anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3rdTimeJoining
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:15 PM

No one disapproved. One approved so much she dated him when him & I broke up for a while. Yeah...I think I'll stop there.

Lilypie - (yYUA)

Lilypie - (OvhY)

kaitybird
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Nope they all love my hubby.  It is usually me people disapprove of.  Why I don't know.  I am that tell it to your face kind of girl and no holds bar.  :)  Found that out the hard way when we got together.  They didn't like the fact he found a girlfriend and he was no longer that single guy that could go out all the time.  Oh well their loss.  

crystaldinae
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM

almost all of my friends and his disaprove of him. They call him a lazy bastard and always tell me I deserve better.

CullenLover
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Yes, b/c they wanted me to hang out all the time and party and I decided to start a family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)