Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think its rude?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM
  • 34 Replies

I have a friend who comes over all the time. No big deal I enjoy having her and her hubby and kids around. Her and I are close friends and our DHs are buddies as well. Here is my issue. Everytime she comes over she stops and gets her kids something to eat like at a fast food place. They bring it here to eat it. My kids generally are haiving dinner and we have melt downs ( i have twin 3 yr olds and an autistic 8 yr old son) over why they have to eat what they are eating and dont get to have a burger or taco. I dont feed my kids stuff like that very because I have a chronic health issue and it is so much easier ot just make one meal and really its healthier yanno. Anywho, I get annoyed over this and think its kinda rude. Am I being silly? I dont really want "stop being a bitch" posts I just want opinions that are nice LOL not even the same as mine just nice hahahaha.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM
If she's bringing it to your house to eat in front of your children, she should bring everyone some. That's elementary school common sense lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chaslee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Yes, I think she is being rude, she see's how it upsets your children and she does it anyway?  I would politely ask her to feed her children before she gets to your home, let them eat in the playground of whatever place they chose for the evening.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Just tell your friend that her fast food runs are disrupting your children's mealtimes. Ask her to not bring the food around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
46186mommyof4
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM

You should just tell your friend to please eat it at the restraunt so that your kids do not have to watch her kids eat it since they can not eat this stuff..

MyLifeAsHisWife
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM

yes I think it is rude

Smella1212
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM

ok...this is just all my opinion...first off..i think it is a little rude...i think they should first b asking if you guys want something if theyre gonna be bringing it to your place to eat it..if you turn down the offer then fine...thats on you...but if they continue to bring it over and your kids keep flippin out and they see it as well and its a problem then mayb you should talk to them and see if mayb they could either feed that food to their kids in the car on the way to your house to prevent this problem with ur kids or mayb suggest that you guys start making meals together where u all pitch in for the ingredients and make a big meal for everyone that way evryone is eating the same thing. that may work too.

LovelyMother88
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I think she doesn't realize that it upsets you. I bet she figures since your kids are already having dinner that it isn't a big deal for them to bring food over. I understand where you are coming from, so just ask her if they could eat before they come because your kids feel left out of the fast food party. Just tell her it would really help with the meltdowns. If she is really your friend, and a mom, then she will understand.

millermom07
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I can understand your point and I think you just need to have a talk with her.  Tell her that you'd rather they come over AFTER dinner (your family's dinner AND her family's dinner) because your kids don't eat the things they eat, so it'll just make it easier.  Or, they can come early and she can help you cook, and then you can ALL eat the same meal.  If they choose the second option, tell them what to bring or how much to contribute to the grocery bill.  But I'd be upset if someone did that also. 

SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 11:08 AM
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:47 PM

It is rude of her to bring this into your house without your permission. It is not rude for you to point this out to her.

tiger_tatted1
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Quoting 46186mommyof4:

You should just tell your friend to please eat it at the restraunt so that your kids do not have to watch her kids eat it since they can not eat this stuff..

yep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)