Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I NEED ADVICE!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 1:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

So i have a problem with wanting to always spend money. And im kinda worried my hubbys gonna think im only with him for his money. Its usally never for myself its most of the time for our kids! But i dont know how to stop i dont wanna end up killing our marrige because of money.

Does anyone have any advice on how i can cut this habbit!

by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ryansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Put away the debit cards and only carry cash you can actually see the money being spent. Debits cards and credit cards make it way to easy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 1:25 AM
I wish I did. Good luck! (I wanted to show my support!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolasax3
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:15 AM
Whenever I see something I just have to buy it! It feels like I'm addictied to spending even if its like 10 I have to spend it! I don't have a job I'm a stay at home mom! so I ask my hubby for money he has never said anything but I feel he is getting annoyed of my habit!
spainsblueangel
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 4:28 AM

try this!

Quoting ryansmommy07:

Put away the debit cards and only carry cash you can actually see the money being spent. Debits cards and credit cards make it way to easy

ShannaBee
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 4:33 AM
A budgeting class may work. Also I agree that putting up the cards could help and carry a budgeted amount of cash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.SarahM
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Im not sure. Everyone is saying put away the cards... well, for me , its the opposite. If I have cash I spend it. Good luck!

nicolasax3
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Mrs.SarahM:

Im not sure. Everyone is saying put away the cards... well, for me , its the opposite. If I have cash I spend it. Good luck!

i dont have cards my hubby does and i am the same as u if i have cash i feel like i gotta spend it!

momto4girzls
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Don't carry alot of cash on you, this helped me out alot, now most of ours going into savings.

ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Extreme shopping is a sign of depression. Not saying you are, but I know I get in moods and then I shop feverishly. Then my husband will go and return most of it especially if it's clothes for the girls.....That just started because my kids have four huge dressers and a ginormous closet full of clothes. lol. No cards is what my husband has resorted to. lol

ilovejimmy
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Quoting Mrs.SarahM:

I was the same way until I kept losing money until I lost my wallet in Target, and now I am too afraid to carry cash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)