Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

HOW DO YALL WORK OUT THE ARGUEMENTS AND THE FIGHTING WITH YALL HUSBANDS AND TO MAKE THE MARRIAGE LAST. AND IS FIGHTING AND ARGUING A LOT COMMON IN THE FIRST YEAR OR THE 2ND YEAR OF MARRIAGE

by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Replies (21-27):
mummaof2lilboys
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:56 PM

DH and I will be together for 9 years in May, married 3 of them. We don't fight over the stupid stuff. If we do argue, we go our separate ways, calm down, and talk about it rationally

tiatia
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Bump we do really fight..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Oh I could have kicked his ass plenty of times in the first few years but he also is a little scared of me cause I will be very to the point if he doesn't get my point so things got better once he realized that. example... I tried to tell him he was drinking to much but he didn't slow down so after a few weeks and nothing changing he came home to $400 in alcohol bottles empty in the sink... point was taken. I was able to stock the bar again and it lasted forever after that. He found out that I hated fighting so instead of fighting and getting no where I would go straight for the problem and take care of it. The truck setting in the driveway broke down fixed it and he never drove it again cause I took it too. So he now talks to me and trys to figure everything out without fighting cause he know I will just get rid of the problem.

LAKERA
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 2:38 AM

THANK YALL ALL FOR YALLS ADVICE I WILL DEFENITLY TAKE ALL OF IT IN CONSIDERATION AND SIT DOWN AND TALK WIT MY HUSBAND

etexmom
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Oh girl, I know for dh and me, it went WAY beyond the 1st and 2nd year.  We were both too stubborn to learn anything that quickly.  I do remember feeling that "conflict resolution" was a BIGGIE for us and I resorted to the fact that it would probably always be a problem.  Although we have had counseling (short term) for some other issues, that particular problem got pushed to the back burner, so to speak, to work on other areas of our marriage.  For us, arguing and fighting became less & less as we got older (we're both in our late 40's).  The older you get, fighting over small things just don't seem all that important anymore.  We've become more relaxed and complacent as we've grown together and don't fear so many things.  It's a nice place to be.  Best wishes!

LAKERA
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 2:53 AM

THANK U, AND I CAN AGREE CUZ ME AND MY HUBBY R BOTH STUBBORN BUT I HOPE IT JUST CAN HAPPEN BY TIME AND NOT AS WE GET OLDER CUZ IM 21 AND HUBBY IS 25

Quoting etexmom:

Oh girl, I know for dh and me, it went WAY beyond the 1st and 2nd year.  We were both too stubborn to learn anything that quickly.  I do remember feeling that "conflict resolution" was a BIGGIE for us and I resorted to the fact that it would probably always be a problem.  Although we have had counseling (short term) for some other issues, that particular problem got pushed to the back burner, so to speak, to work on other areas of our marriage.  For us, arguing and fighting became less & less as we got older (we're both in our late 40's).  The older you get, fighting over small things just don't seem all that important anymore.  We've become more relaxed and complacent as we've grown together and don't fear so many things.  It's a nice place to be.  Best wishes!

spainsblueangel
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM

i have been with my DH for only 2 years and been married for 3 months now so i dnt really know whats yet to come but we really haven't argued that much, but when we do we let each other calm down first and then talk it out! we both don't like to fight and hate to be mad at each other!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN