Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

OT but how old do I look?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

The other day I went into the store to get some wine and the cashier wouldnt sell it to me.. My hubby left a few weeks ago for Boot Camp and has all of my origional documents including my DL. I have a copy of it, but aparently that wasnt good enough. He said that I dont even look older than 21... Im 26!  All I wanted was some damn wine! GEEZ!

by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnLauren
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:20 PM

you do look young but thats a gud ting, Im 26 but have ben told I look younger, Im the same age as my so but for ages alot of people thought he was older than me, I need to bring I.d if I go out too.

fitnessmommy02
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Yea, I guess its not such a bad thing... I would rather look younger than older.. lol

Quoting DawnLauren:

you do look young but thats a gud ting, Im 26 but have ben told I look younger, Im the same age as my so but for ages alot of people thought he was older than me, I need to bring I.d if I go out too.

LovelyMother88
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM

You look young :) Not a bad thing until you want some wine huh! I am 22 and depending on the day I can look like I am still a sophmore in high school, lol. Gets on my nerves so bad. I went to buy the alcohol for my wedding and the guy didn't think the DL was real. I turned into Bridezilla REAL quick, lol.

fitnessmommy02
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM

hahahaha... My oldest son is almost as tall as me (he's 7) and all the time people think im babysitting, or he's my little brother.. lol.. It drives me crazy!  And I've gotten the "your DL is fake" comment a lot.. I guess it could be worse!

Quoting LovelyMother88:

You look young :) Not a bad thing until you want some wine huh! I am 22 and depending on the day I can look like I am still a sophmore in high school, lol. Gets on my nerves so bad. I went to buy the alcohol for my wedding and the guy didn't think the DL was real. I turned into Bridezilla REAL quick, lol.

alyssasmom11007
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I have the same issue..just turned 28 and still get carded.  It's a law in Nebraska that if you look younger than 40, they are supposed to card you.

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I would guess about 17 or 18, lol! It's a pain when you need some alcohol, though! Why does your hubby have your DL? My hubby is in boot camp, too, but all he had to bring was his own DL, birth certificate, and ss card.

2sdayDayli
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM

you look young but i definitely would have guessed you're over 21... not by much but i know how you feel... i get carded all the time... it's a good thing i suppose but it does get annoying.

Gmgej
by Michele on Jan. 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM

12 seriously you are beautiful!!!!!! and you look like you are in your early 20's

fitnessmommy02
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I'm not exactly sure why he has it, but he took all of our stuff.. The kids birth Certs and everything.. I'm anxiously waiting for it to get back in the mail.. I think it was to sign us up for all the Insurance and stuff.. I have no clue! lol

Quoting gina6239:

I would guess about 17 or 18, lol! It's a pain when you need some alcohol, though! Why does your hubby have your DL? My hubby is in boot camp, too, but all he had to bring was his own DL, birth certificate, and ss card.

fitnessmommy02
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Awww, Thanks! :) 

Quoting Gmgej:

12 seriously you are beautiful!!!!!! and you look like you are in your early 20's

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN