Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So I talked with DF....and cried..

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 2:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am really understanding of my DF job..Randy,  well he is very tired a majority of the time.  we first got together we would do things, as a family all the time.  This means we did it every weekend. DF, DD, and I. :) The 3 of us.  Well I know times change and stuff happens and well, we have not done anything together as a family in a while.  Not even a movie, inside the home, with the 3 of us.  So I brought it up to him today, in a nice way.  We have a great relationship when it comes to communication.  We talk to eachother about everything.   Well I told him that I understood that he was tired but miss the family time we have together, and he understood. :) He did not get mad but I cried...well cause I just miss it.  That is it, I just wanted to let it out, no real point to the post..just to tell you ladies.  Did u ladies every have a problem similiar? you know, just wanted to do stuff as a family??

by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy385
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM

all we do is family time, DH goes to work, comes home & its all about family. We dont seperate -ever-, not that we control each other or anything, we just dont want to be apart. Occationally we'll leave the 15mos old wit my parents but 99.99999999999% of the time we dont split.

Im sorry that you dont spend any "family time" together, i hope now that you guys have talked that you guys get more time together!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM
Yes. DH worked alot of hours in the oilfield and any time he was home I couldn't get him to do anything. I know he was so tired but I wanted to get out of the house and do something! I found ways to make our homelife interesting. I'd make our living room a theater by renting a latest movie and popping a big ol' bowl of popcorn. We'd picnic around the house as a "date". I got creative but I admit I really enjoyed the times I could talk him into going out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MadysonsMama
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Quoting Amy385:

all we do is family time, DH goes to work, comes home & its all about family. We dont seperate -ever-, not that we control each other or anything, we just dont want to be apart. Occationally we'll leave the 15mos old wit my parents but 99.99999999999% of the time we dont split.

Im sorry that you dont spend any "family time" together, i hope now that you guys have talked that you guys get more time together!

You see he is a great dad, provider, and great man..I do not dislike anything about him!!! I don't! When he was not so busy with work (at beginning) we did things, the 3 of us more often than not.  He got busy with work ( promotion) and we have not done much of anything(3 of us).  I mean...even a movie and popcor,n...trip to the park with dd something

MadysonsMama
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Quoting ShannaBee:

Yes. DH worked alot of hours in the oilfield and any time he was home I couldn't get him to do anything. I know he was so tired but I wanted to get out of the house and do something! I found ways to make our homelife interesting. I'd make our living room a theater by renting a latest movie and popping a big ol' bowl of popcorn. We'd picnic around the house as a "date". I got creative but I admit I really enjoyed the times I could talk him into going out.

Right...I know...and my man,,is a wonderful man! i love him..but i know what you are talking about!

nattysmommie
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM

we have family time on the weekends...on week nights my husband comes home from work plays video game or helps me cook and we eat dinner as a family and then we all scatter and do our own thing til bed time. i have gotten upset and had to address family time with my husband. i also had to put the silent treatment on my mom because she didnt ever want us around so we stopped coming over and when she got upset and left out i pointed it out to her. now she dont complain.

MadysonsMama
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Quoting nattysmommie:

we have family time on the weekends...on week nights my husband comes home from work plays video game or helps me cook and we eat dinner as a family and then we all scatter and do our own thing til bed time. i have gotten upset and had to address family time with my husband. i also had to put the silent treatment on my mom because she didnt ever want us around so we stopped coming over and when she got upset and left out i pointed it out to her. now she dont complain.

yeah i am upset...i know he is a busy beaver...but family time is important to me.  he did not get mad i mentioned it...thank goodness he is in a new position at work...he wont be so tired still productive but not super busy like he was

Char.965
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Could you maybe set one night a month to do something together? Do you think you could talk him into that one? That way most of the time he gets to relax and regroup and one time on a weekend duing the month you all do something together.

I know where you are coming from though. My husband works 3 jobs. He gets really tired and doesn't want to do anything either. Fortunatly(sp) my teen daughters have friends over on Sat. night and they have invited us to play games with them, so we join in a lot of the times. Sometimes like this coming Feb. 20th he and I are going to go out for the entire day, hang at a bar with a bunch of friends and watch a race and just have a great time together. I know that he would probably rather stay home but, I talked him into it because it has been since the summer that we were even out of the house together.

Good luck

alyssasmom11007
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I feel like I have to force my husband to do anything as a family.  We only 2 trips together last year with dd...1 to each of our local zoos.  Our schedules are totally different and I know that is a problem.  If I buy tickets to something for dd, I just buy his and tell him when it is and that he has to take off work.  I only have him 3 months of the year because of his job and farm.

MagadoodlesMom
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM

we frequently do things together what we have to remember is to do things as a couple... that time is just as important to keeping the family happy...

MadysonsMama
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM

wow i am glad i am not alone...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)