Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Opposite Sex

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you have any friends of the opposite sex?

Does you DH/SO?

If so, is there any jealousy?

by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHamrick
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Yep. 2 of my best friends are guys I was friends with in high school. We hang out with one of them and his wife almost every weekend. No jeallousy there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsTantaros
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Yes I have male friends, no he doesn't, and If I talk to guy friends to much then he gets a bit jealous

JenniJayne
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM
I have four guy friends. They are very dear friends of mine and I call them "my boys". My dh isn't much for making his own friends so he just befriends mine :) we all do stuff together and hang out. There's no jealousy (of course one of my friends is gay so that one is obvious :P). But no, my hubby knows he is and always will be my one and only. We've already been through so many hard times, we're way to "grown up" in our relationship to be jealous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaurenMarie2307
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Nope, not really, I have HS friends that are guys that I still talk to on fb, but i never see them in person

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Yes, yes and no. Hubby knows all of my male friends and they're his too. I know hubby's female friends. I'm not the type to get jealous.

crystaldinae
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM

yes, yes and only from his side

kristie1029
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I have a male friend who used to be my best friend but then we both moved away, still friends but not as close.

My Dh's best friend is a woman! I love her she's become my best friend! They are like brother and sister! They have been together since my dh was 3 days old (they are 3 days apart in age)

No jealousy. We knew going into our relationship that we had friends of the opposite sex! We all became friends and it's no big deal. It helps that most of us are married now and have kids.

alyssasmom11007
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I have a couple of guy friends and the only time I get to talk to them anymore because of moves and life is on FB.  DH doesn't get jealous.  He really doesn't have any girlfriends, but there was 1 I got upset about.

LizardAgent
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I have a couple of guy friends from where I used to work, but I don't see any jealousy from his end. He has a few girl friends himself, and I don't get jealous or concerned about it. They're mostly high school friends, so they've known me since I was a kid. 

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 11:49 PM
We really don't have friends of the opposite sex. My one male friend has questionable sexual orientation and he really doesn't have female friends. The one female buddy he had did try to come between us so he quit hanging out with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)