Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do i do???

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

my husband and i have been together 3 yrs and been married for 1. we have a 3 month old little boy...... my dilemma is this: recently, for about the past 2 weeks i guess, my husband doesnt want to play or joke around with me,(which is unusual bc we always play and joke together), he never really loves on me anymore, doesnt help around the house anymore(other than cooking bc i dont know how), and he just makes me feel like he couldnt care less about me or my feelings bc he doesnt acknowledge my existence!! i told him how i felt yesterday and there has been no change! still pretty much ignoring me...then asking whats wrong with me?!

what am i supposed to do here? im so unhappy right now

by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsTantaros
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM

hmm. Idk. Maybe have some fun 'without him' and maybe he will notice.

AFMF920
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I am so sorry your going through this hun! Ive been in your situation before (minus the child) and I finally told DH to act honestly that you want me around and quit making me feel like you don't care if I walk out the door or I'm walking out the door and not looking back, as hard as it would be for me. After that last conversation, DH makes sure I know he loves me, and wants me around. Its not an everyday thing but thats what makes it real. I wish you nothing but the best! ((HUGS))

mrspruitt88
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM

thanks, thats a good idea.... i might just have to try it and hopefully he WILL notice!

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Ask him if something is bothering him.  Has something happened at work?  Is he stressed?  Try just sitting down and talking, but not accusing him of anything, he may just be stuck on a problem that he is trying to solve on his own.

mrspruitt88
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:17 PM

thanks for that little tidbit of info from you! i am thinking of a way that i could try to explain better to him  the way i feel, so that he doesnt get upset and actually understands. bc most of the time when i tell him what im feeling, he takes it as im so unhappy and like im calling him a bad husband, but i would never call him that. anyway, when i try to tell him how i feel, it usually causes a fight,which increases my unhappiess.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I would see if something happened that you might not know about. Maybe something to do with work? I think sometimes guy close up on us when they are stressed out and sometimes don't feel like talking about it. I would just have fun without him. Enjoy time with your baby boy and everything like that.

mrspruitt88
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

chaslee, i asked him yesterday if something was wrong or if something was bothering him and he never answered me. so i have no idea if I did something to make him "ignore" me or if something IS going on at work, i have no idea, bc he doesnt talk to me about anything.

AFMF920
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Guys take things differently and that is one of the hardest things I have is to communicate my feelings so that DH understands. (not saying he is dumb!!! but guys look at things different) -- maybe write him a letter.

mrspruitt88
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM

thanks OHIO. i always try to let him know that he can come to me with anything he needs to talk about, but hes just a typical man i guess(just doesnt like to talk about his feelings). i try to act happy and like i just dont care about whats going on, but its killing me and so i end up just being mad all the time and it sucks. but i will try harder to just spend some happy time with my little man!

L0v3beingAm0mmy
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM

:( I am so sorry !! I know what you are going thru, we went thru that as well... I dk how it fixed, it just turned itself around somehow? Sorry I was no help

feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)