Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Valued, Heard, and Appreciated

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM
  • 2 Replies

I was reading all the responses in the "survey" thread and was so encouraged by all the people who consider themselves to be "happy".  I was one like the only one who couldn't come out and say "yes, I'm happy".  I do not feel valued, heard or appreciated in my marriage.  I was wondering if you do?  Do you feel that your husband REALLY listens and hears you?  Do you feel like he values you and appreciates you?

*clarification*

I do not intend for this to be a "bash my husband" thread.  That isn't what I'm curious about.  But, honestly, after 14 years of being with my husband I don't think he does these things and I don't think its something that will ever change.  Our marriage isn't "bad" but at the same time I don't think its "good" either.  Things could be so much worse but they could be better, too.

by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ShannaBee
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM
I am very happy with my marriage but yes my DH frustrates me at times. I do feel unappreciated and taken for granted often. I communicate this with him and it's something we are working on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMother88
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I am happy in my marriage. I don't ALWAYS feel valued, heard, and appreciated. But I know that my husband tries very hard to make me feel that way, so that's all that matters to me. I also realized that the more I made HIM feel appreciated, the more he made ME feel appreciated. Do you think that your husband feels like you value, hear, and appreciate him? If not, then you should try showing him lots of love and see if he reciprocates. 14 years is a long time, but it's not too late for change! Good luck, I hope one day you are completely happy in your marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN