Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Melissa6705 is Mother of the Week!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 6:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

Feel free to ask her any questions you would like about herself from today until February 1st at midnight. A new mother of the week will be picked on February 2nd.

by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa6705
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 6:44 AM
Hi Everyone. Feel free to ask away. I am Melissa. I have a 7 year old DD and I am 29 weeks pregnant with a DS. I am stuck in the hospital due to a placental abruption but it will keep him in everyday which is great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM

What are you naming your LO?

How long are they trying to keep your little one in there?

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 6:52 AM
We are naming him Landon Charles. We are trying to keep him in long as possible but it is unlikely if we hit 34 weeks.

Quoting Ohio.SAHMof2:

What are you naming your LO?

How long are they trying to keep your little one in there?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM

How old are your other children? What is your favorite thing about being a mommy?

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 10:34 AM
I love cuddeling up on the couch with our 7 year old and my DH. I love her hugs, kisses and sillyness. I love everything about being a mom.

Quoting Ohio.SAHMof2:

How old are your other children? What is your favorite thing about being a mommy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevotedToSix
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 12:32 PM

first of all congrats on becoming a mom again!

Are you going to have more children or is this it for you?

how long have you been married?

Please visit my Website and join to help find a cure and save a LIFE... http://fibrosingmediastinitis.webs.com/

Melissa6705
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 2:02 PM
We have been married since September 4th of 2010. We want more kids but these complications and staying in the hospital makes us want to change our mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathy067j
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM

congrats

BiloxiDreams
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I don't really have any questions but I did want to reassure you.  We had a very severe placental abruption during labor with my second child.  In fact, it was so bad that my son and I almost didn't make it.  BUT, we went on to have a very healthy (albeit unplanned) pregnancy with our daughter two years later.  Yes, you are more likely to have another abruption than a mom who hasn't had one but it's not a given and acutally, the chances of it happening again are only about 10%.  It's also not likely to occur in the pregnancy just after the one with the abruption but with the one following.  In other words, it wouldn't be likely if you got pregnant again but if you had another baby and then got pregnant after that on, then it would be teh 10% chance.  In the end, it's up you and your husband to weigh the pros and cons but I did want to give you some hope if you opted to have another baby!

Quoting Melissa6705:

We have been married since September 4th of 2010. We want more kids but these complications and staying in the hospital makes us want to change our mind.

in loveSam & Jen  ice creamBrandon baseballJacob baby giftElizabeth

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM

What is your favorite thing to do alone with your DH?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)