Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who gets up with the kids?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM
  • 103 Replies

Another post got me thinking is all! So who gets up with the kids? Do you work?

by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandymb
by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I do. My husband leaves for work at 5am and the kids and I don't get up till 6:30am. I'm a stay home mom.

Loveing_My_Life
by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:02 PM

My kids sometimes wake up with DH when he is getting ready for work.. SO I HAVE TO GET UP lol

Kelly2573
by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I do. I work 14 hours so not away very long my husband is our main source of income. I am super happy to be able to do that. :)

ameslink
by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:05 PM

This is a touchy topic for me right now.  I said from the beginning (baby is almost 6 months old) that I didn't mind doing it, since my husband works and I don't.  But, I had no idea it would take this long for her to sleep through the night!  She's still getting up every 2 hours, like clockwork.  So, needless to say, I'm starting to get a bit resentful that hubby hasn't gotten up with her ONE stinkin' time in 6 months!  Of course, he says he doesn't hear her....yeah, right.

LarissaLopeman
I do my husband works at 6:00am but he does on weekends though when hes not hunting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy

i do (did). i don't work (outside the home) and my hubby does. i think that's fair. if he got up with the kids he would still have to work..me if i got up with them i could rest during the day.

lilchica943

I will when my husband works but on Friday and Sat. nights he will be getting up with him to give me a break.

BV88
by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM
I do. I'm a SAHM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy

6 months? lol my son didnt sleep throught the night for two and a half years!

Quoting ameslink:

This is a touchy topic for me right now.  I said from the beginning (baby is almost 6 months old) that I didn't mind doing it, since my husband works and I don't.  But, I had no idea it would take this long for her to sleep through the night!  She's still getting up every 2 hours, like clockwork.  So, needless to say, I'm starting to get a bit resentful that hubby hasn't gotten up with her ONE stinkin' time in 6 months!  Of course, he says he doesn't hear her....yeah, right.

tyanneS
I do hubby works nights and doesn't get back till like 7:30. The kid wakes up at 7:30 or 8 usually I have to get ready for work by then so I get her dressed and everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)