Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Trying for another baby...it is making things boring! If you know what I mean...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 8:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, so my husband and I have baby fever. We started trying back in October 2010 for another child. There were some small issues that we have ironed out but for the most part doing this all the time it seems that we are getting a bit bored. Anyone ever have this happen? Now it does not happen all the time, just random spurts it seems like neither of us really want to put forth the effort to make the other one excited.

I love my husband and he loves me but we did not have to work this hard when we got pregnant the first time. So it is a whole new experience for us.

embarrassedttc

by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lanie_momofone
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Were you planning the 1st baby like you are planning this one ?

Perhaps you two may just have to agree...that yes you both want a baby, and yes you will both be happy about a baby...but settle on the idea that if a baby comes along...then it does.

Instead of thinking of having sex to make a baby, why not start making it a goal for the two of you to prepare different things to add to your sex life....focus on the sex life, and not the baby making....and you may just add some spice to your love life and make a baby on top of it.

Good luck!

-mrs.mamma-
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:20 AM
I'm almost in your exact position. My Husband and I have been trying for Number Two since Oct '10 as well. And we definitely didn't "try very hard" with our DS, he was a surprise for the most part.
So this is a whole new world to us. And its mainly hard b/c of me, I can admit that. I want another baby SO bad..Hubby does too, but he's more rational about it, and just "wants it to happen"..
Its hard! I knew it would be..but not like this!
We've been in the "sex rut" a time or two..and we usually just express our thoughts, and talk about it. Then we just put in a little more effort..and the results are mind-blowing! We just had our "sex rut" revelation last night, LOL! ;P
Good Luck, hun! You just gotta communicate with each other! You gotta be more focused on the sex, than getting pregnant..and I know first hand how hard that is! LOL
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Sugaree.
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Idk, it made it exciting for us!! And we ttc 8 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 11:36 AM

we went through infertility treatments which took our baby making to another level of boring and very clinical(charts,temps,medication, tests)...We finally stopped stressing & trying and remembered that baby making is supposed to be fun/enjoyment..soon after we got pregnant..

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I found with ds #2 took awhile because we had that goal in mind. With ds #3 & 4 we just decided that if/when it happened it would. we had fun, tried new things (lol) and before we knew it BFPs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)