Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marriage & Distance

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

The two really don't work! For the past 6-7 months I've lived in NM while my husband lived in the Denver area of Colorado and not being able to see him for months at a time was very difficult... especialy while I was pregnant and we were worried he wouldn't be able to be there for our daughter's birth!

BUT...

I can finally say we are at and end to the distance. I'm now in Colorado Springs which is just an hour away and will officially be living with my husband again as of March 1st!!

Just wanted to share the excitment and open up a place for other women who have been in this situation to post. I know this happens to a lot of military wives and it is so, so hard!

by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
adfsanchez
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I am very happy on how your marriage has done very well regardless of the distance.  I have good friend of mine that it quite different than yours.  Her husband is truck driver and he only home 3 days during the whole month.  She has two children a 1 yr dgtr and 2 yr old son, there times that I really don't know how she does it.  My hubby lives in the same town and he just so supportive.  He always there for me.  God Bless your marriage and family, there not many relationships that can withstand being apart in these tough times.

CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:20 AM
That's awesome!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImKristen
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I am happy for you that you 2 found away to finally end the distance.

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I know how hard that is and it stinks!!!!!!!  I am so glad to hear that you are close together again now and will be living together again so soon.  Almost there!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Congrats! Enjoy that man of yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manda-Nicole92
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Thank you all!

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Yay I'm so happy for you!  I'm hoping this will be the year I get to live with DH.  We've been married over 9 years and have yet to legally live together.  I live an hour away so luckily I do get to see him often and we phone eachother at least once a day when we're apart.....but it does scuk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)