Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What was the hardest thing you have faced as a couple? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 110 Replies

For us, I'd say it was DH's best friend being in a coma. I was pregnant with our second and DH would go straight to the hospital after work every day until 3 in the morning when DD and I would already be asleep. We would only see him on the weekends. It was VERY hard on our marriage. I tried not to let it bother me that he was never home, because his friend needed him and I knew it was breaking his heart watching his friend lay there motionless and near death. Sometimes I would break down and say I missed him and wished he'd be home more, but I always felt so guilty afterwards and would apologize. His friend was only in the coma for over 2 months, but they were the worst 2 months of my and DH's lives. 

So what about you? What was the hardest obstacle you two have had to face?

I have read all the replys, though not commented on them individually, but I just want to say, that I am so inspired by the things some of you have gone through and come away stronger from. You're stories are truly touching. And to the women who said they are currently going through their roughest time, I sincerely hope that it all works out, and would you mind updating us when you pull through it. You ladies are all amazing =]

by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theirmommy88
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM

BUMP!

Shellness
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM

My husbands ex getting custody of his children that he raised almost completely on his own.

MrsPilat
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Omg why was he in a coma? And is he okay??!

My son was born with craniosynostosis (not soft spot) it was a very hardtime for us and we got through it! He had surgery at 8 weeks and thankfully is a healthy 20month baby boy!!! Life could have been much worse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:37 PM

BUMP!

jenjen1532
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Mine is being in the military and him deploying every other year.  Our 1st deployment was 18 months and we lived in GA and I was away from home and didn't know anybody.  He left again in summer 2009 and was gone 1yr.  ANd he is getting ready 2 go again this summer.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I'd have to say immigration and DH's gambling addiction. 

EarthGirl84
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM

My DH struggled with drug issues. Also, we had been arrested together a few years before we got married.

klhoe
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Going through it now! His cheating

glamorous_mami
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM

deployments.

URMySunshine07
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Back in November I was thinking of leaving him.   I felt like I was the only one trying to make our marriage work. He was ignoring me and the kids for months. I was fed up.  Then all of a sudden he started talking to his best friend from high school. (chick) I thought he was cheating on me.  He has known all along I'll leave him if he cheats.  Turns out he wasn't, but he sure looked suspicious!

We talked it out and have worked it out.

snowgirlSunshine's Mom coffee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN