Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What was the hardest thing you have faced as a couple? *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

For us, I'd say it was DH's best friend being in a coma. I was pregnant with our second and DH would go straight to the hospital after work every day until 3 in the morning when DD and I would already be asleep. We would only see him on the weekends. It was VERY hard on our marriage. I tried not to let it bother me that he was never home, because his friend needed him and I knew it was breaking his heart watching his friend lay there motionless and near death. Sometimes I would break down and say I missed him and wished he'd be home more, but I always felt so guilty afterwards and would apologize. His friend was only in the coma for over 2 months, but they were the worst 2 months of my and DH's lives. 

So what about you? What was the hardest obstacle you two have had to face?

I have read all the replys, though not commented on them individually, but I just want to say, that I am so inspired by the things some of you have gone through and come away stronger from. You're stories are truly touching. And to the women who said they are currently going through their roughest time, I sincerely hope that it all works out, and would you mind updating us when you pull through it. You ladies are all amazing =]

by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Replies (101-110):
WaltMommy07
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Ours would be when our son was born, he was born with several heart defects and was expected to in heart failure by two weeks of age. Then at 6 weeks he nearly died from RSV. Since then , we have dealt with several more health conditions with our son and even more setbacks and lots of bad news regarding his conditions. But, we have also received lots of good news too. We were only married a month when we had him, didn't even know how to be married when we were thrown a huge curve ball in life. I had to quit working to keep my son home and well. So, the loss of one income had a devastating effect. It has been rough but we manage to keep it together!

sandjmom99
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:48 AM

we have went thru alot on our 6 yrs of marriage..

in 2006 my mother took her own life, then like 4 wks after that i found out i was pregnant with ds.. it was so hard to be excited about having a baby when i was grieving my mom still. he was such a rock thru the whole thing!

the past 2 yrs have been the worst tho.. we are dealing with communication issues, thinking he was cheating. me actually cheating (i know im a terrible wife and mother) but we have moved past all that

then in sept 2010 he was injured.. messed up his leg/knee/foot for life probably.. spent a week in the hospital in a different town than me.. then when he came home i had to wait on him hand and foot. he couldnt do anything for months.. hes doing better now but its still hard. he'll never be the man he used to be and it hurts him.. he is the love of my life and we will fix this.

Mrs.Roozen
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM
bump to read
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poohy1975
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM

When we found out my then 16 year old son had been raping my then 9 year old daughter for 3 years. Then watching hime get away with it scot free while my daughter (3 years later) still suffers.

mefingas
by Member on Feb. 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM
My husband had to tell me that my mom had cancer on her birthday. Then ten days later with my mom when she died:(. He has been my rock. It has to be the worst time in my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staciaschrek
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM

We've had two.  First, we lost a son.  He was born still at 25 weeks.  It was really hard.  Second was my breast cancer diagnosis.  DH was an absolute rock throughout surgery, chemo, radiation, my emotional rollercoaster.  Then was my rock again with a recurrence, multiple surgeries, multiple hospital visits, more chemo, more drugs, terrible highs and lows, and through it all he told me it was going to be okay and we were going to make it through. 

There have been other bumps in the road, but these two were the toughest.

melly_v88
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM

We just faced ours. Hubby suffers from depression and possibly is bi-polar, and he started feeling out of touch with me and stressed and had a relationship with another woman while we were seperated. We just got back together a couple weeks ago, but things have been amazing since we reconciled. He's trying so hard and being the great husband, father and lover he used to be.

KristyKat
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Before we were married, I almost left him.  I love this man, but people (family and friends) didn't understand him or know him, and many wanted me to leave.  He's never given them a reason.  I also found out I suffer from SAD, and that contributes to my issues, as my hubby discovered.  I am glad I stuck with him.  He's an amazing man, and wonderful dad, so caring and kind.

Susie140
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM

LOOSING MY MOM, HIS PARENTS,  BUT MOST OF ALL WHEN I FOUND HE PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, AN EMOTIONALLY CHEATED ON ME AFTER  BEING MARRIED FOR 25 YEARS. IT ALMOST DESTOYED ME AN I'M STILL DEALING WITH IT. BUT THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER BUT I'LL NEVER FORGET IT.

2milesboys
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM

hmm its a tie sadly between his stroke and his parents divorcing his stroke i was 9 months pregnant i didnt know what to do i was scared i was gonna lose him and his parents split almost split us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN