Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Communication IS KEY

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
i have been bothered for the last few days about something. I have been married almost a year and im truely afraid of falling into an 'acceptable/unacceptable' swing of things.
Most couples joke and play around but we all need our boundaries. As well we all need our compliments.
I felt like lately things i do have been pointed out as negative thngs. Could be as little as my hair being straight or curly to the way i speak.
Sooooo this morning i spoke to DH. I straight up told him i need more positive reenforcment from him. I told him i do not want our house to be like my childhood home. Im a very positive person for a reason. Growing up was ugly & negative, always u cant type talk or that doesnt look nice or be quite. DH was very understanding. So glad i spoke to him.
Remember, men arent mind readers. Communication is NoT overrated.
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
marisab
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM

So true i agree andits something thats taken me 5 years to learn

KatieJo81
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM
You are absolutely correct. Communication and cooperation are cornerstones to a strong union.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM

This is so true! Communication saved DH and my marriage many times. For the first 4 years we were together we talked but we didnt really communicate. We didnt know how to. Then we finally realized how to and do it frequently, it saves alot of stress and headaches to get things out into the open.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Great post. Communication is how me and DH survive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88
by on Feb. 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM

lol sounds like my Dh! He used to "critique" me all the time and he didn't even realize he was doing it. As soon as I talked to him about it he realized how jerkish it was, apologized, and stopped doing it.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Yes true

mrs.pyle
by on Feb. 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM

i agree, but i also know most men dont NOTICE things like if your hair is curly or straight, just like they notice the clutter but they dont notice the dirt underneath it. there are a ton of books written about it. so.... just because he doesnt say "oh your hair looks pretty today i like how its curly " doesnt mean he doesnt love you or think you look good. 

Susie140
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:10 PM

YES VERY TRUE SOMETHING MY HUBBY AN I LACKED FOR YEARS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)