Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you meet your spouce or so?

Posted by   + Show Post

We both were station at Lowery AFB in Denver, Colorado.  He was there for training, as I was.  I had just gotten out of basic training and feeling kind of funny to be able to wear civilians clothes.  I had to get several shots before I could go over seas.  I was standing at the bus stop with a couple of my classmates, waiting for the bus to take us back to our dorms.  This little Silver Sports car goes by, and they guy takes a second look.  I teased my friend that he was probably looking at her not me.  The Silver Sports car pulled into a parking lot behind the bus stop and was trying to get our attention.  The bus finally came and we got on.  That Silver car followed us all over the base until we finally got off the bus.  Since he was an officer, he commanded us to stop.  We were in civilian clothes on, so he really had no authority to do so.  He said we would be 'remanded' by being taken to dinner together.  I thought he liked my friend, not me, but he made sure I wore the same bright blue sweater for the date. 

So. what is your romantic story?

by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Replies (21-24):
KJoTaylor
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Me too!! I just get this huge smile on my face.

Quoting SweetlePea:

I love reading these stories :)

kathyartist2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM

We met 4 years ago through Match.com. His ex-wife had left him 4 months earlier for another man and he found out about Match.com through an article in the Wall Street Journal that the Babyboomer generation was making good use of this means to meet other Babyboomers. Well, it worked!  We are now married for almost a year and a half.

Motherof4_2008
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM

My husband and I were matched pn eHarmony.com on Sept. 11, 2004. The thing I find funny about it is that My DH is a firefighter!

Here is our story: We would talk off and on online, and promise to meet each other. Everytime we had plans to get together we either backed out like chickens or had something going on to were we couldn't. We did this for about a year and a half. Finally, June 17, 2006, we got together at the bowling alley in my home town.I did not go by myself cause I was scared of meeting a compete stranger all by myself, plus I had already had plans with my sister and cousin! So we all met at Cosmic bowling! It was really funny cause my sis, cuz, and I were already bowling when he showed up. It was dark, he called me, and say me and my sis, and prayed that he was not meeting my sister... LMAO!! After bowling was over, I dropped of my cuz, we went to BW3's, had a few drinks, and played pool! I was a little tipsy and made the first move! I KISSED HIM!! He was completely shocked, but definately was not complaining!

I was a single mom of 3 and staying with my mom til I got back on me feet at the time. He was suppose to stay at my house (on the couch) since it was such a late night and he had a 2hr drive back home. We got back tomy house and my mom FREAKED out cause she did not want some strange man in our house. I understood and so did he, so we hung  outside for a little while and then he headed home!

On his way home he stopped at a truck stop and took a short nap! After his at the truck stop he noticed a car that was all smasked in on one side, like it had hit a telephone pole or something, and also noticed the guy stumbling back in his car from inside the gas station. They were both headed the same way so he followed him. As he followed him, the man kept swirving all over the road, so he called the police. My DH conitnued to follow him til the police finally caught up and captured the man!

So he was not only the best date I have had in a VERY long time, but he was a hero and saved other peoples lives! He is such a wonderful man.

We have been together for 5 yrs, and married for almost 4 yrs. We have a beautiful family of 7 soon to be 8!

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM
We met in '05 at Wal-Mart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)