Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How do you juggle it all?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

How do you juggle the kids, husband, work around the house, dinner and making sure you don't go crazy?

Group Mod of: Pregnancy Group and November 2010 Babies. Admin of: February 2009 Babies. Join me in my other favorite group: Love & Marriage

by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Armywife1998
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM

i wsh I could say how I actually did it all. All I can say is that Dd is 10 now and Dh is deployed alot so it really isnt that difficult right now.  However baby #2 is coming in June and I am having to reorganize everything to hopefully work when she gets here.

mamabeth520
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:16 PM
MUSIC!! I always have music on...and I constantly change cds or radio stations so as not to get burnt out on any one song. It seems to keep the mood light while giving me the energy and motivation to clean and cook! Babies love music too...dance around while you clean...they will have fun and you get a workout too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tihone77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Well I'm a Sahm of 4 and what I do is set up a flexilbe schedule and a list of things I want to get done that day.  I like to thoroughly clean 1-2 rooms a day and then go through my list.  I usually don't get through it, but then at least I remember what it is I want to do.  lol

Also, I have learned that I HAVE to take care of myself.  Whether it's taking a long shower, reading a book for a little while, or getting a pedicure.  And, I have learned to ask for help.  #1 even if it's not done the way I would, it's still better than it was and #2 I get to spend more time with my husband that way.  I have frequently said something like "I have to get this, this and this done before bed.  Would you help me so we can have time together tonight?"  It's gotten to the point that most nights he comes home and asks me what's on the list for tonight.  :-)

And let it go!  It's usually not important enough to ruin my night.  I'd much rather be laughing with and enjoying my DH.

poshkat
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:22 PM

schedule!! i made a schedule for DS so he knows what he needs to do next i'll take a pic for you and post it later . my schedule is mostly in my head.

DS goes to school at 12:40 and comes home at 3:55, so i know i have that time to clean and do whatever else i need to do.

i know DH comes home between 5-6 most days so i start cooking dinner at around 5ish, so that gives me about an hour to play with DS, give him a snack and do what we do.

after dinner DH cleans up while me and DS look at his schedule to see whats next.

i also make lists, i am a list girl and i list everything i need to do that day.

ryansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Who said I haven't gone crazy ! Just kidding ! I don't stress too much over getting everything done in one day. I used to and it really frustrated me a lot ! But after my husband was laid off he realized how hard it was with a 3 year old and a new baby ! He doesn't expect so much from me now and it willing to help out a lot more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Motherof4_2008
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Believe me I do go crazy! I actually just told my hubby the other day that I need him to start helping me out around here, because I cannot do it all by myself anymore! I only gave him 2 chores. That is to load and unload the dishwasher and to take out the trash. My children are now old enough to start chores, so I have given my 8 yr old the chore of cleaning the bathroom (not scrubbing the toliet), my 6yr old has to sweep the kitchen floor everyday, and my 4 yr old has to collect all the dirty clothes and put them in the laundry room! Before going to bed they all pick up their toys form the living room! It is not much, but it helps me out a WHOLE lot!

MirandaPage
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I have my kids on a nap schedule, while they nap I eat lunch and finish up any chores I started before they went to sleep. I don't plan dinner until my DH comes home. I also get a few breaks during the week and on the weekend to keep me sane.

ShannaBee
by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 5:27 PM
The best I can! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)